Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RRD-H6BRL controlling LED lighting

It would work since the actual dimmer doing the work could be a RRD-6NA. The hybrid keypad sends commands which would end up with the actual dimmer.

The downside is that it takes up a space that could otherwise be occupied by a dimmer / switch. If the keypad were adaptive, it would be able to dim one circuit directly while also having the necessary controls to command other remote devices (switches/ dimmers/ motors).

Hybrid keypads are dimmers, but the point I was making is that the dimmers in hybrid keypads don't seem to be phase adaptive dimmers. The original poster was trying to determine if it could dim these LEDs, but it can't.

i dont have any part numbers to give you, but i can describe what i have used. currently in my own home, i am using a hybrid to control a single screw in type LED bulb made by cree available at home depot. its a 9.5 watt load. in a recent job, i used a hybrid to control a single LED can, made by juno. and in a different job, i used a hybrid to control a couple LED trims made by ecosmart/cree also from home depot. i havent had any problems with any of these instalations. the dimming is perfectly smooth also

hey Bktay, you seem to be confuse what a hybrid is vs keypad. a keypad is ONLY a keypad that would send the commands off to dimmers/switches. a hybrid, IS a dimmer switch with a integrated keypad on the front of it. so in this case, we are discussing the load that is connected to the hybrid its self

Indeed, and I'm just suggesting a hybrid NA would be awesome!

6. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes Scottydont, wkearney99, dvpvic liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12