Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daylight Control Package: Who has used, and how have you found it?

Daylight Control Package: Who has used, and how have you found it?

I'm curious about the Daylight Control Package and RR2. Has anyone here installed one, and if so, how have you found it? I would be very interested in some pictures of a system installed.

Here's the application note on the package. Thanks for any thoughts!

I'd be curious too. Seems like a lot of work and equipment to integrate with RR2. Need a VCRX, power supply, daylight controller, and a daylight sensor, all wired together! It would be great to get something more like a motion sensor (wireless, battery powered) that could do the same thing. But I'm probably just dreaming :)

Agreed! I'm sure it just wouldn't work as well as the package, but sensors like Lutron's Lutron Radio Powr Savr™ Wireless Daylight Sensor should be one way to do this. It's ClearConnect after all! What I don't understand is why it works with GRAFIK Eye QS and Maestro Wireless but not RR2.

4. Thanks Craig W., wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    I guess my time to edit ran out.

It's also interesting that the wireless unit works with the commercial Energi Savr Node.

If the logic and quality isn't good enough going direct from sensors like these, why not have a control module talk to sensors like this (or ideally a combination occupancy/daylight combo sensor that are small). Wired sensors don't make sense in most of these applications.

No one on this? Thanks!

Bumpity bump.

This must be the least popular RR2 package. Of all the things they could develop, I wonder why this exists if no one is using it. Does no one have any insights here?

You may get some input if you post at remotecentral.com Custom Installer's Lounge subforum.

One thought might be to mix in Energi TriPak products. Using the LRF2-DCRB-WH to trigger the RMJ-CCO1-24-B contact closure device, which is connected to a CCI on the VCRX. Could be a secondary way of accomplishing the feat outside of RA2. I've used a similar setup to incorporate the LRF2-OCR2B-WH sensor into a HomeWorks Illumination panel via a CCI.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Sounds like a nice possible way to go, but clearly it's not optimized for our ideal approach in RR2. Thanks!

There should be just a way to have lights come on in a space on a time clock event that is held until it is sufficiently dark when the lights are off. Really, this is like using the low light setting on the occupancy sensors just without the occupancy as necessary. i.e. lights in a common area are on from 8 AM - 10 PM whenever it is dark when the lights are off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast