Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Control App URL schemes?

Quote Originally Posted by vining View Post
    The url schema doesn't actually allow you to control apps from outside of the target app but instead launches the app with a few additional parameters to act upon once open.
    If you want to go down a bit of a rabbit hole, check out this link. http://www.macstories.net/tag/automation+ios People are using URL schemes to accomplish a lot of automation on iphones. There are apps that can run sophisticated python scripts, and people have made workflows that connect several apps together where the user often doesn't need to interact with the intermediary apps. I'm pretty impressed with what people have been able to hack together.

Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    I know I'm a bit of a broken record on this, but I DO believe that if Lutron implements HomeKit, Apple's infrastructure could make this easy.

What I think could be possible is a geofence that will fire a command to the Lutron app. This could work just like reminders, i.e. Siri, when I get home please open the Back Door Shades.
    I agree 100% Homekit integration would be ideal. Maybe URL schemes could be a baby step in the right direction, but I totally agree. Homekit integration would be huge. And not just for DIY guys like me... I think a lot of customers would appreciate being able to use SIRI, or other homekit magic to control their system.

Duplicate Post Removed

I love that people can find work arounds to do more complex processing. It's people like you that companies like Apple look at to develop simple solutions!

This is one of the main reasons I ditched my iPhone... tired of being locked into their environment. You can do all this stuff you guys are wanting to do without too much hassle on the Android platform.

AutoVoice / Tasker / EventGhost

I can tell my phone to turn the fireplace on, and it comes on. I can have it arm my security automatically when I leave the house. With Tasker, the possibilities are nearly endless. If you haven't checked out the EventGhost RA2 plugin yet, you really should.

while URL schemes are waiting for developers to consider / implement, see if you can send TELNET commands to the main repeater when you arrive at home? Your phone would have to connect to home wifi when you get there, but once connected you simply send commands to your RA2 devices from the phone.

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/040249.pdf

The more I look into it, I don't think there is any way to automatically launch an app (with or without a URL scheme) on an iphone without intervention. I think the best way will be to use a third party service that can be triggered based on iphone location, and then have that service communicate with the main repeater and/or a 3rd party control app like CQC... I guess I need to finally sit down and get CQC properly setup and working...

There is a way but you need to be jailbroken. The app is called Activator.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12