Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Converting Incandescent Dimming setup to LED's

Converting Incandescent Dimming setup to LED's

One of the old school ways of setting up a dimming control desk setup for a draw bridge was to use a N1000 dimmer with a lot of 6 watt incandescent lamps. They need to dim the lights at night so that they can see the boat travel under the bridge. This control desk has 45 lights on it indicating some sort of condition, red, green and yellow lights. These lamps operate at 120 Volt.

Now we want to install a proven system using a lutron dimmer that would work as a dim to zero light. The LED light should be through hole, screw terminals, 1" penetration like the lights from the past. They also have to be Daylight visible within a control building.

The manufacturer of the previous lamp holders was Diallight.

I would probably use a dmx setup as you'll need dimmable rgb led's. To do this the best way would be a HWQS system, so you'll need;

1 - HQP6
    2 - QSE-CI-DMX(32 channels per unit)

however many IO modules you'll need and a heap of DMX LED Controllers that will plug into the DMX controllers.

It's a fairly simple system you'll just need to get all the conditions right for light level etc.

hope this helps

I appreciate the response

Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    I would probably use a dmx setup as you'll need dimmable rgb led's. To do this the best way would be a HWQS system, so you'll need;

1 - HQP6
    2 - QSE-CI-DMX(32 channels per unit)

however many IO modules you'll need and a heap of DMX LED Controllers that will plug into the DMX controllers.

It's a fairly simple system you'll just need to get all the conditions right for light level etc.

hope this helps
    Is their anything that would be simpler? Meaning that I don't need to control each indicating light separately, dimming all at same time is fine. I also need to know a lamp model number that will work with the recommended system. It would also be nice if the components are UL listed to work together. The indicating light needs to be a raised lens, daylight viewable, require little maintenance. We are trying to get as close as possible to the existing panel. Thx