Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troubleshooting 3rd-party integration issues with HWQS

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    When you connect with the third party system to the HWQS processor using RS232 to the DigiOne, you will automatically be prompted with a "login:". You then write your configured username; you then will be promted for a "password:" you need to fill in.

The username and password can be configured in the HomeWorks QS software by going to "Tools->Configure Integration->Telnet IDs" and performing a transfer.

If you are not seeing the automatic login once you connect; what are you seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    When you connect with the third party system to the HWQS processor using RS232 to the DigiOne, you will automatically be prompted with a "login:". You then write your configured username; you then will be promted for a "password:" you need to fill in.

The username and password can be configured in the HomeWorks QS software by going to "Tools->Configure Integration->Telnet IDs" and performing a transfer.

If you are not seeing the automatic login once you connect; what are you seeing?
    Armando

One other thing to keep in mind and to make users aware of is that when setting up either RS232 device recommended by Lutron DO NOT setup a password for the device configuration page. By default there is no password to log into the configuration page of the device however its been my experience when ever I set up a password to protect the device settings HomeworksQS can not connect even though I have a user name an password setup within the device for connections. Once I removed the password for logging into the device homepage QS connected every time. I think maybe update the technical document making people aware not to setup a login password for the device its self. Just my 2 cents

Mcignarella,

If you are talking about not setting up a username and password for the DigiOne when controlling a third party system, I agree.

However, the username/password I am referring to is one to have for the HomeWorks QS processor (not the digione) so a third party system can use it to access the HWQS system. With the application we are discussing, the DigiOne will be bypassed and the third party system will need to input the username and password for the HWQS processor.

Correct I was specificity talking about logging into the device to do initial configuration. It was one thing I didn't like that I had to leave the configuration of my media converter unprotected. I hope that explains it. The first thing I usually do is put some kind of security on my devices and it took me a while to figure out I could not protect the configuration page of the digi device. Maybe in the future we could have a device we don't need to leave open on the network.

Hope or that helps. Just didn't want someone else to make the same error as me.

5. Likes Armando B. liked this post
    I am having tough luck trying to successfully send RS232 commands from QS to a Somfy urtsii using a Digi One. I am following all steps as written in the Lutron Scenario 1 thru 4 paperwork pdf but still having so much trouble. In the QS software, when I connect to my processor 1 and type in "outboundconnections" I do indeed see my Digi piece connection, it's IP address, etc. But it says that the QS processor is sending out HEX commands and under "ASCII" outputs it is blank. In the software, I have ASCII selected, not hex. Either way, no matter what I do I cannot get the shades to move. I do see the Urtsii receiving commands via its LED lights, but shades aren't moving, and unfortunately for me I do not have the correct cabling to set up a test scenario between the Digi and my laptop directly to see what codes are coming through. I have done this several times in the past with H8 processors so I know I have the correct codes for the Urtsii. I suspect the Digi piece is the oddball here... Has anyone else had any experience with this specific scenario? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by anniej View Post
    I am having tough luck trying to successfully send RS232 commands from QS to a Somfy urtsii using a Digi One. I am following all steps as written in the Lutron Scenario 1 thru 4 paperwork pdf but still having so much trouble. In the QS software, when I connect to my processor 1 and type in "outboundconnections" I do indeed see my Digi piece connection, it's IP address, etc. But it says that the QS processor is sending out HEX commands and under "ASCII" outputs it is blank. In the software, I have ASCII selected, not hex. Either way, no matter what I do I cannot get the shades to move. I do see the Urtsii receiving commands via its LED lights, but shades aren't moving, and unfortunately for me I do not have the correct cabling to set up a test scenario between the Digi and my laptop directly to see what codes are coming through. I have done this several times in the past with H8 processors so I know I have the correct codes for the Urtsii. I suspect the Digi piece is the oddball here... Has anyone else had any experience with this specific scenario? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Have ave watched this video on the resource site yet

http://resi.lutron.com/Education/Onl...2/Default.aspx

anniej,

Please ensure the Digi One is sending information out of port 2101 instead of 23. Also, the HEX listing that is in outboundconnections will always be there, even if the DigiOne is only sending out ASCII commands.

After sending the outboundconnections command in Terminal, could you please right click on the window and choose to "save log" and send this log to hwsupport@lutron.com referencing your forum post? Please also send a support file for this system by clicking on "help->support->create support file".

Hi Armando,

Yes it for sure is using port 2101. I was able to get the problem solved finally this morning. There were issues on the Somfy end of things. Thank you for the info on the HEX commands showing up in the outboundconnections as that is good to know. I was also able to finally see the ACSII commands going out in the terminal screen. Not sure why I didn't see them before. The outboundconnections feature is awesome and I will surely use it in the future. Thank you for you response.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12