Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LQSE-2DAL-D Capacity

LQSE-2DAL-D Capacity

What is the meaning in LQSE-2DAL-D capacity, 16 Zones and 64 Loads ? 64 loads means we can addressed untill 64 ballast ? is there anybody want to help explain it to me ? Thanks.

Your half right Stevi,

The LQSE-2DAL-D has two loops built into a single module so each loop can handle 16 zones and 64 loads.

3. Likes Armando B. liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by stevi View Post
    What is the meaning in LQSE-2DAL-D capacity, 16 Zones and 64 Loads ? 64 loads means we can addressed untill 64 ballast ? is there anybody want to help explain it to me ? Thanks.
    For more information on the hardware and software configurations for using DALI ballasts on a HomeWorks QS project, please see the attached app note. Please be aware, at this moment, this solution is for non-US projects.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    For more information on the hardware and software configurations for using DALI ballasts on a HomeWorks QS project, please see the attached app note. Please be aware, at this moment, this solution is for non-US projects.
    Thank you Armando, but i have a little bit confuse in "64 loads, 16 zone", for example, if a have 17 ballast DALI and want to assigned to LQSE-2DAL-D, it says that i can't assigned the last ballast because it have reach the maximum limit 16 zone of the module, so how about the last of my DALI ballast ? how to assigned it or the other ballast if i have more than 16 ballast, or just say it 64 ballast ?

Stevi,

You can only have 16 indidually controlled zones in a loop of the LQSE-2DAL-D. However, you can have multiple ballasts/loads in each zone to be controlled together.

To group the ballast into a zone, you need to go to the "Design->Loads" screen and change the "Zone #" column of the loads to be the same number to group them in a zone. For more information on this, please see pages 6-7 of the DALI guide previouslt attached.

Stevi,

You can only have 16 indidually controlled zones in a loop of the LQSE-2DAL-D. However, you can have multiple ballasts/loads in each zone to be controlled together.

To group the ballast into a zone, you need to go to the "Design->Loads" screen and change the "Zone #" column of the loads to be the same number to group them in a zone. For more information on this, please see pages 6-7 of the DALI guide previouslt attached.
    Thank you Armando,
    So, if i have 1 zone that have 3 ballast, can i still controlled the ballast one by one ? And how to activated it in 1 zone ? because the ballast that i can activated is only the ballast that i have assigned in the LQSE-2DAL-D, how about the other ballast that i don't assigned ? Or i don't need to activated the other ballast in the zone ?

You will not be able to control ballasts individually in a zone, they will be controlled together. Only the 16 zones can be controlled individually. You need to assign and activate all ballasts in the space. For the process on ballast activation, please see pages 8-12 on the "Using DALI in HWQS" guide attached above.

*** Update ***

After activating the LQSE-2DAL-D module, please perform a transfer to the system and then go into the "Activate Ballasts" menu for the ballast activation portion.

You will not be able to control ballasts individually in a zone, they will be controlled together. Only the 16 zones can be controlled individually. You need to assign and activate all ballasts in the space. For the process on ballast activation, please see pages 8-12 on the "Using DALI in HWQS" guide attached above.
    Ok, i get it now.
    Armando, do you have any document that could guide me to make the wiring for 3 or more DALI ballast into 1 group or zone ?

You can have them in any wiring configuration in the space. As the DALI ballasts will have a digital addtress, to ensure they are grouped into 1 zone, you need to ensure the ones you want to group have the same zone number. You can change this in the "design->loads" screen. For more information and a walkthrough on this, please refer to pages 6-7 of the previously attached DALI guide for HWQS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast