Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Whole Home Remote Integration

Whole Home Remote Integration

I have a customer that has a Logitech remote that he uses in his home and wants to add the lights to this system. What would we need to provide to be able to add 10 circuits to this remote? He does not want the Meastro IR switches because there are more than one circuit in one room and he wants to control them separately.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by amyriley View Post
    I have a customer that has a Logitech remote that he uses in his home and wants to add the lights to this system. What would we need to provide to be able to add 10 circuits to this remote? He does not want the Meastro IR switches because there are more than one circuit in one room and he wants to control them separately.
    All wall keypads in RadioRA 2 have a built in IR receiver. The Logitech remote can send IR commands to the keypad to control the buttons of the wall keypad.

Unfortunately, the Logitech remote will not have the ability to individually control 10 circuits. Logitech needs a device that can send Lutron Integration commands to the Main Repeater to accomplish this.

I thought that it was just the RRD-W5BRLIR that had the built-in IR. So can I point a remote at my RRD-W6BRL and have it receive IR commands?

Is there a remote somewhere that a person can learn commands from, or is this limited to software programs that can program a remote (such as Harmony remotes, or high-end integration systems like Control4)?

I'm trying to find a solution to have lights in a theater room dim down when a movie is started via remote, and light up when something is paused...

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    All of the RadioRA2 keypads have an IR receiver on the back of the keypad. The RRD-W5BRLIR is the only keypad with the IR windows in the front of the keypad.

IR commands for the GrafikEye remotes will also work with the RadioRA2 keypads. You can use one of these remotes to learn the commands.