Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LQSE-4A-D Error

LQSE-4A-D Error

i have problem using LQSE-4A-D in my project. when the load is ON, the module start to error and the indicators of the zone is blink 3 times constantly.
    the load of the zone LED, and i use ELV as the load type in program.

the problem is when the zone is error the light can not turn OFF by keypad or module, i have to push the RESET button in the module until the zone stop blinking and then the light can turn OFF.

Any advice ?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    It would appear you have the issue with False Shorted FET Detection. It affects units with 7.30 firmware and earlier (see below). We would recommend logging into "tools->terminal" and unplugging then re-plugging the QS link to the module. Some information will come up in terminal about the module. Please look for the boot code revision. If the boot rev is 1.52, then it could be upgraded using the lates beta and non-beta HWQS program to have firmware 7.83 which resolves this issue. If the boot code is 1.51, the LQSE module will be unable to upgrade above 7.24 firmware and this unit would need to be replaced or put in a position where it is not controlling the ELV/LED load types it is currently controlling.

Code Revision – 7.30 and earlier
    Date Codes Affected – V19 to W19

Issue:
    When LQSE zones appear to be unresponsive, and stuck at high end, this typically is because the unit went into shorted FET mode. We have found that certain ELV or LED loads that are very capacitive can cause issues with LQSE Phase adaptive where it will false trip into shorted FET mode. This happens because the load capacitor stays charged to the line voltage looking like a shorted FET. This only becomes an issue if there is line noise or line sag that makes the line voltage asymmetric. A power cycle should return the unit to normal operation, but it could happen again if the line condition repeats.

Troubleshooting:
    Verify the LED blink pattern on the zone with the issue has the shorted component blink pattern (see below).

Shorted FET LED Blink Pattern:

Zone LEDs 1-4
    3 blink, pause, repeat

thank you armando,

This is the messages when i unplugging and re-plugging the QS link to the module

"Wednesday, June 11 2014 at 15:30:24 - Device serial 0x007B10AA, slot 0x1C, on link 0 disconnected.
    Wednesday, June 11 2014 at 15:30:27 - Device serial 0x007B10AA, slot 0x1C, on link 0 connected.
    Wednesday, June 11 2014 at 15:30:27 - GLINK_INFO_DUMP for HWQS-DPM-ADAPT-INT Object ID 00000FA3
    Wednesday, June 11 2014 at 15:30:27 - Serial #: 007B10AA
    Wednesday, June 11 2014 at 15:30:27 - OS Rev: 1.5
    Boot Rev: 1.0
    Wednesday, June 11 2014 at 15:30:27 - Family: 9
    Product: 21
    Hardware: 1
    Custom: 1
    Wednesday, June 11 2014 at 15:30:27 - Name:
    Wednesday, June 11 2014 at 15:30:27 - Serial Addr: 10
    Wednesday, June 11 2014 at 15:30:27 - Device Mode: 09
    Wednesday, June 11 2014 at 15:30:27 - Device New Feature Support Bitmap: 00"

so, which one the boot code, "boot rev" or "os Rev" ?

4. Likes Armando B. liked this post
    Stevi,

The boot code/rev is 1.0.

Thank you for the additional informaiton. If you are able to download the new version HomeWorks QS 7.1.0, you can now firmware upgrade this unit to the 7.32 version of firmware and that would resolve the issue you are experiencing with the unit.

In order to ensure the upgrade goes as smoothly as possible, we would recommend you disconnect any wire runs in the QS link that are not tied to the LQSE-4A-D receiving this upgrade.

i have the new version HomeWorks QS 7.1.0, and now in progress to upgrade all module LQSE-4A-D.

i have 54 LQSE-4A-D, how long the process will run, 3-4 hours ?

It is different for every system. Major factors are the length of the QS link and the amount of devices on the link. We would recommend disconnecting non-LQSE-4A devices from the link in order to ensure the process goes smoothly. Also, it would also be faster if you section the upgrade and disconnect some wire runs of LQSE-4A modules and upgrade them in batches.

OK, thank you Armando for your help.

9. Thanks Armando B. thanked for this post
    i do the upgrade in another project site but the upgrade is failed, i have disconnecting non-LQSE-4A-D and also split the amount of LQSE-4A-D into two part so the process can goes smoothly, but the transfer is still failed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Failed to Upgrade.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	232

Stevi,

Sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately, we are unable to see the messages from the screen shot attached to your post.

We would recommend doing the following to help wit this:

- Connect directly to the processor
    - Pigtail only 1 LQSE module to a QS link
    - Upgrade only that link with the lone LQSE module

If that works, try connecting 2 next. If that works, try connecting 3 next and so on.

If the upgrade reaches 99% and stalls, but the module is blinking normally and responds from system commands, it is possible the upgrade was successful but the system missed the message from the module(s) that they were finished with the upgrade.

If you still have issues upgrading the modules, could you please create a support file while connected to the system and email it to hwsupport@lutron.com as well as a screenshots of any issues occurring on the upgrade window? Please also indicate how many modules were connected and which one they were.

I have the similar problem with my module i.e. I have only one LQSE-4A-D only in my project. when the load is ON, the module start to error and the indicators of the zone is blink 3 times constantly. Unable to control the Load via Keypad / Module. I am using HomeWorks QS 9.0.0
    I have tried the following
    - Power Cycle the Module. But issue come again after few minutes.
    - Push the Reset button on the module. No Luck
    - Tried to update the DPM but the start but is disable (Screenshot attached)

Any Advice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Update DPM Problem.PNG  

13. Likes liquidsam liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast