Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro Dimmers - "Lights of America" 5w chandelier bulbs

Maestro Dimmers - "Lights of America" 5w chandelier bulbs

Greetings all.

I am retrofitting LED's into a recently purchased house. I have had success with Lights of America dimmable LED accent chandelier bulbs 40w replacement down to 5w, with some exceptions and was hoping someone could shed some light on how to deal with it.

The lights are from Costco in Canada. The model number appears to be 3124DNE12 -CW3 and they come in packages of 3 for about $20 each.

They seem to work fine in smaller fixtures, but the moment they are installed in larger fixtures, or in a single switch, dual light fixture arrangements, they do not work. It would seem after about 6-7 bulbs, the dimmer will not handle the bulbs.

I have two 6 bulb chandeliers in the kitchen operating from a single dimmer, (with two locations), anda similar arrangement with two 4 bulb chandeliers that works fine with 7 bulbs but fails when the 8th is installed, and a single 8 bulb location that I haven't played with yet as it is difficult to access and I don't want to make the effort knowing that it probably won't work with 8 bulbs.

Is there a solution to this? Are there other LED chandelier bulbs that won't be an issue?

Thx in advance for the advice.

Pete F.
    Ted,
    Thank you for your question. At this time, there is no we have not tested these Lights of America bulbs, so we would be unable to guarantee a dimming solution for them. I have posted a thread here which explains some of the challenges of dimming LEDs and gives you steps to pick an LED that we have tested and has passed testing.