Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security flash/full on vcrx

Security flash/full on vcrx

I just programmed a ra2 job in Long beach and the customer wanted the security feature and have the lights outside flash and inside come on full. She does not have a security system to tie in to the Lutron system. I know I can control it through the visor control transmitter. But I would like to control it through a button press. Has anyone done this before? Could I use one of the outputs on the vcrx to control the input for the security?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    To accomplish this programming you can wire one of the contact closure outputs on the VCRX unit to the security input. Then have a button toggle this output. When the output is closed the system will be in security mode and when it is open the system will exit security mode.

Thanks, I thought that would work and did it last week after I had posted this.

Craig,
    The toggle feature will work even during a full/flash event? I thought the keypads were locked out, or does the main repeater over-ride the keypad commands- which would allow the toggle button to work with the CCO?

Thanks, Mike
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

In the RadioAR2 system when the full/flash input is closed the keypads will be locked out and the buttons on the VCRX to control the output will also not work.

After reading this I had the customer hit the button I programmed for the full/flash and it worked, but they were unable to turn it off using the same button. They had to remove the jumper to get it out of the mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom L View Post
    After reading this I had the customer hit the button I programmed for the full/flash and it worked, but they were unable to turn it off using the same button. They had to remove the jumper to get it out of the mode.
    Tom,

Unfortunately, the keypads are locked out when using the full/flash mode and would not be able to toggle the output again. The customer should be able to go over to the VCRX and manually push the output button to release the closure that is triggering the full/flash. This would alleviate them from having to pull out the jumper.

8. Thanks Meadowbrook thanked for this post
    There should be a timer you can set so it times out. Than the system reverts back to last state.
    I am not as dumb as you look..

10. Thanks Craig W., digit1 thanked for this post
    My security mode went off, lights flashing and cycling, control panels locked while we were having Sunday night dinner. We do not have an alarm system and do not know of a panic button. There is no way to turn it off. I called technical support, which according to their phone message is open 24/7, and also is listed as open 24/7 in their user manual, and on the sticker on the control panel - they are not in because they are taking a holiday weekend (labor day.) They will be back Tuesday. We have three children under the age of 5, one with the flu, and lights flashing crazily at 11pm.

For hours Ive been reading technical specifications. Apparently this is "security mode". In the technical spec manuals online I found 8 references to manual override but no instructions detailing how it is done. I saw mention of override at the dimmer switch without detail. I see it mentioned here that there is an app for deactivation. I know nothing of an app to control or program our system. We bought this extraordinarily over engineered house from a technology guy. We are surgeons, smart and diligent enough that we should be able to figure this out. It is certainly unreasonable to wait days with flashing lights.

I found the power supply to the control box and unplugged what I think was the power supply, and plugged back in. Now the flashing exterior and cycling interior lights stopped, but all lights are stuck on at highest brightness, all lighting dimmer switches are non-responsive. There are a series of LEDs flashing in sequence on the side of the controller panels. Any guidance as to how to get back to normal system function would be greatly appreciated. Frustrating.

Any guidance you can give would be appreciated.

Hello Meadowbrook,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing problems with your system, and were unable to connect with us in Technical Support. Our 24/7 Technical Support is staffed all but a handful of holidays during the year. If you ever run into this type of situation again, please be aware that our holiday phone menu has an 'emergency' option, which connects you with our security office. The security office has a list of agents on-call for the holiday that can help you with these types of emergency issues.

If you are still experiencing problems with the system, please give us a call - I am confident we can help. Again, I am sorry we were not able to connect with you sooner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast