Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Retractable Pergola Shade

Retractable Pergola Shade

Has anyone seen RR2 used to control a retractable pergola shade/cover? I'm looking for a solution that will cover the top of a pergola. Given that snow or high winds might not be the best thing for such a cover, I thought we could have a middle of the night automatic open event to avoid that risk and provide a nice way to control it via RR2. Thanks!

If you would like to share a wiring control schematic for your application I could suggest some options. Not really any different than a 3rd party shade, skylight, projection screen, etc...

Well, I haven't actually found a great one yet, and I figured maybe someone hear had used one. I'll do some more homework, thanks!

Best awings I have used

http://www.markiluxawnings.com

5. Thanks schalliol thanked for this post
    Thanks for that. Looks great

The following would work well when there is wind. They have a RF remote which can be hacked up.
    http://www.equinoxroof.com

8. Thanks schalliol thanked for this post
    Since the motor is Somfy, you can use a Makita RP60 interface , you can control it contact closure, so the vcrx can control it. The client can still use the normal single pole double throw paddle switch that Leviton can provide for emergency override...I would do the momentary version of the switch.
    I am not as dumb as you look..

10. Thanks Bktay, schalliol thanked for this post
    Posts like this are why this forum is fantastic. Thanks again for everyone's help. We were too far along with one design to utilize this for now, but these would be helpful for future needs.