Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta dimmer PRO with TuWire dimming ballast : when turned off, turns back on

Question Caseta dimmer PRO with TuWire dimming ballast : when turned off, turns back on

I installed a Caseta In-Wall dimmer PRO PD-10NXD to replace an appropriate Diva dimmer for a
    Tu Wire ballast, 2 T8 4' fluorescent fixture. Previously worked like a charm.

I very carefully reviewed the tech doc before going ahead, and it is listed as compatible, no neutral required.

I works fine (adjusted with trims) except that when I push the "off" button it turn off but after 1-5 seconds will automatically turn back on, at a low level. I can recreate within the iOS app, when turned off, then adjusting to 1% it turns off, then back on, then adjusting to 2% it turn off again, then back on.

It's been like that for a couple of weeks. I found the LUT-MLC used by the switches for low loads and wonder if it would work.

Lutron Technical Support
    The LUT-MLC was never tested for use with a dimmer. It was only tested for use with the on/off switches, like the PD-5WS-DV.
    What is the model number of the ballast?

3. Thanks Yanicking thanked for this post
    Hi, It would be a 2W-T832-2, bought in end-2011.
    Another thing to know is that both the dimmer and fixture are installed in an older home with no bonding/grounding conductor, if it is of interest.

Sorry 2W-T832-120-2

Lutron Technical Support
    On the PD-10NXD, did you connect the white neutral dimmer wire to a neutral bundle in the wallbox?
    The dimmer will work without a ground connection, but for any load other than an incandescent or halogen, the dimmer neutral needs to be connected.

7. Thanks Yanicking thanked for this post
    Well thank you.
    Is there an resolution if the wall box does not have a neutral in it ? I believe that only two wires come in the box. I might have a neutral in the ceiling box. The neutral is used to power the control circuit I imagine ?