Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: End-User Inclusive Software Access

Question End-User Inclusive Software Access

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this already, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

As an end user for a large RA2 system, I would like to have (i.e. "need") access to the inclusive software - as I'm about to exceed the 100 device limit. I also have an application where I would like to make use of the new contact closure devices (that are apparently only supported in inclusive). I realize I could hire someone with the inclusive software to come out and do the project for me, but as I don't want to lose access to my system's programming, and the ability to tinker with it whenever I want (not to mention I knew so much more about RA2 than the "officially trained" electrician I had out last time) - I don't see that as being a feasible option. Is my only alternative to go for the official training? That is a very expensive proposition for someone who just wants to use his own system. As others have mentioned, there don't seem to be too many sessions offered in the midwest. Are any local distributors authorized to do the training - or must it be hosted directly by Lutron?

TIA
    Ryan

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by rdgerken View Post
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this already, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

As an end user for a large RA2 system, I would like to have (i.e. "need") access to the inclusive software - as I'm about to exceed the 100 device limit. I also have an application where I would like to make use of the new contact closure devices (that are apparently only supported in inclusive). I realize I could hire someone with the inclusive software to come out and do the project for me, but as I don't want to lose access to my system's programming, and the ability to tinker with it whenever I want (not to mention I knew so much more about RA2 than the "officially trained" electrician I had out last time) - I don't see that as being a feasible option. Is my only alternative to go for the official training? That is a very expensive proposition for someone who just wants to use his own system. As others have mentioned, there don't seem to be too many sessions offered in the midwest. Are any local distributors authorized to do the training - or must it be hosted directly by Lutron?

TIA
    Ryan
    Ryan,

We would recommend contacting a level 2 installer. Have the level 2 installer come and program the system. You may ask the installer if it is within their company policy to leave you with a copy of the software.

You can't do L2 training and get the software unless you've done multiple L1 projects, so consumers just can't do it.