Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Can not connect to system when using DNS in LHC+

Can not connect to system when using DNS in LHC+

i have a project that using HomeWorks Illumination. the system is connected to a LAN that using IP Public so we can access it from outside of the house, the IP is registered on a DNS provider. When i try to connect to system from my phone, i can connect and access it, but when i try from owner's phone it can not connect to the system, and its also happen when i try using my friends phone, only my phone can connect to the system.

for your information, it is different when all of phone connect to the Wifi of the house, all phone can connect to system.

Any idea ? Thanks.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    - What is the actual error messages that comes up on the iPads? Maybe a screenshot would best help us determine the cause of the issues.
    - If you put the IP address of the processor on the phones' browser, are you able to see a page with "Lutron" on it?
    - Does each phone have its own dedicated login set up in the software?
    - Have you tried power-cycling the processor?
    - Have you attempted to delete and re-add the system in the phones?
    - If the above does not help you resolve the issue, please click on the circled 'I' in the iOS devices to send us a support file from the app. Please ensure in the email created that the file is sent to hwsupport@lutron.com and refer to this forum post in the email.
    - We would also want to see a support file from the system. Please ensure a connection to the system from the software and go to "Help->Support->Create Support File".

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    - What is the actual error messages that comes up on the iPads? Maybe a screenshot would best help us determine the cause of the issues.
    - If you put the IP address of the processor on the phones' browser, are you able to see a page with "Lutron" on it?
    - Does each phone have its own dedicated login set up in the software?
    - Have you tried power-cycling the processor?
    - Have you attempted to delete and re-add the system in the phones?
    - If the above does not help you resolve the issue, please click on the circled 'I' in the iOS devices to send us a support file from the app. Please ensure in the email created that the file is sent to hwsupport@lutron.com and refer to this forum post in the email.
    - We would also want to see a support file from the system. Please ensure a connection to the system from the software and go to "Help->Support->Create Support File".
    - The actual error messages is "Could not connect to the system"
    - No, I can't see the page.
    - Yes I have tried it, but it doesn't solved the issue.
    - Yes, i have tried it, and also i have reinstall the App Lutron Home+, but it doesn't solved the issue.
    - Ok, when i'm in the project site i'll send the support file from owner's phone and also from the software, but when i check it in the software, in tab Help i didn't see the "Support" and "Create Support File", i'm using Homeworks Illumination v.1.4902.

Stevi,

Apologies for the confusion; in an Illumination system you would connect to the processor in "Terminal" and go to "File->Generate Support File" for the system.

Please be aware, if the phone is unable to see the Lutron page when putting the IP address of the processor on the browser, it indicates the phones and the processor are not in the same network. I would recommend ensuring the phones' wifi is connected to the same router's network that the processor is connected.

Armando B.

What i mean is connect to the system from the outside of the house, so we're not connected to the Wifi, in Lutron Home+ setting, i set the IP Address/URL as the DNS as the home owner's using in his network.

In your set up It did you forward the proper ports with in the router to connect from the outside. Is it possible the 1 phone that did work was connecting via the LAN not the Wan possibly confusing the issue. Was the 1 phone that worked was actually totally off site. Are you using seperate log in credentials since only different user names can connect at the same time. If the your phone is connected at the same time others try to connect using the same credentials it will fail.

How are you establishing the connection outside of the house? Via remote access, VPN router, or port forwarding?
    If remote access, what is the account login name used for remote access?
    A support file from the LHC+ app from the phones having this issue would also help with the diagnostic. See second post on how to gather it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    In your set up It did you forward the proper ports with in the router to connect from the outside. Is it possible the 1 phone that did work was connecting via the LAN not the Wan possibly confusing the issue. Was the 1 phone that worked was actually totally off site. Are you using seperate log in credentials since only different user names can connect at the same time. If the your phone is connected at the same time others try to connect using the same credentials it will fail.
    Yes, i did it. No, the 1 phone is using WAN and not LAN, because before connected i turn off my wifi and turn on my mobile data so it was totally off site. And when i try the others i log off my phone and turn off my mobile data first, so i am sure that the others not connected in the same time.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    How are you establishing the connection outside of the house? Via remote access, VPN router, or port forwarding?
    If remote access, what is the account login name used for remote access?
    A support file from the LHC+ app from the phones having this issue would also help with the diagnostic. See second post on how to gather it.
    i am using port forwarding, i have not been in the project site so i have not been able to send the support file from home owner's phone.

i am really confuse because only my phone can connected to the system. should i try to ask the home owner to exchange his iPhone with my phone, so he can access his system from the outside of his house ? LOL