Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MI Failed to update

MI Failed to update

I have a project that I had some issues with last night

I have 5 processors 10 rpm panels and few hundred RF devices. This project is still in its begging stages but for the last year the system has been up and running fine. Yesterday I tried to add MI's for 2 RPM panels. RPM 9 and MY RPM 10 but those address are 0 and 1 they are on there own link so they're not 9 and A

Obviously I checked the usual stuff the rpm's sit on there own link and processor. I can talk to the processor just fine.Link type is set proper, wiring is proper and addressing is fine. For the love of god I can't get this one processor to talk to 2 MI's. The led status of the MI's are Heartbeat Led fine,Processor communication led is fine I have no Module communication LED. So far I have switched the processor power panel link to the processor next to it with no luck. I have switched addressing on MI and re uploaded I have done everything that normally should be checked. I remember in some early versions of QS my processors would go into a loop and I would need to switch link types and make a dummy project and re upload. Once I did that I was able to upload the original project and system would come back. I thought that was resolved in 6.x or possibly Rev 7. I will try that method this morning to see if I can get those 2 stubborn MI's to talk. I was weary of this because it would mean I have 2 looped processors and the rest of the system is fine but the 2 processors I am referring to currently control nothing yet so I wouldn't notice stuff not working.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Its Fixed!!!!!

Heres a suggestion

Hire some competent help When you ask the mac address of the processor on the left make sure your guy knows the difference between his right and left for gods sake

3. Likes Armando B. liked this post
    Boy it sure would be nice if we could some how Label the processors. In the link assignment tab the processor number you assign under the Activate Tab does not show up. This would defiantly help stop some confusing. Please pass it on to that big white board hanging in the engineers office

5. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    Likes Armando B. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    Boy it sure would be nice if we could some how Label the processors. In the link assignment tab the processor number you assign under the Activate Tab does not show up. This would defiantly help stop some confusing. Please pass it on to that big white board hanging in the engineers office
    Hear hear! When is the Lutron design tab engineering team ready to go out for a few beers? I've got a list of tweaks accumulating that I'd be happy to share :)