Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 3rd Processor Locking up Network

3rd Processor Locking up Network

I have to add a 3rd QS processor (HQP6-2) to a system due to needing more rf links. I installed and activated the processor and when i go into activate my rf devices on that Processor and Link my network goes down. Tried new HQP6-2 with same result. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    We would recommend temporarily connecting all three processors to an unmanaged switch or a separate router. When connected this way, can you perform a transfer and control the system without issues? If so, it may indicate there is too much Ethernet traffic in the original network configuration. We would recommend then subnetting the HomeWorks QS system to its own network to ensure each subnet receives the appropriate filtered information.

Armando,

I tried to put the processors on an unmanaged switch by themselves and still got the same result. Whenever I enter activation it locks up the network and the devices that I try to activate do not show up when i press and hold activation button for 6 seconds.

We are analyzing the wireshark capture and support file you sent to hwsupport. We will post when we have an update for this thread.

Mike,

Unfortunately, the logs for processor 3 were not present in the support file. We see from your project file that processor 3 has DHCP enabled. If the processors were on an unmanaged switch, it would not provide an IP address to the processor, and we believe this is causing this specific communication issue.

Are you able to connect to this processor if you set a static IP address to it on the unmanaged switch? If not, would you be able to provide us another wireshark and support file after assigning a static IP address to this processor?

In the meantime, we will also be reviewing the logs for your other processors from the support file.