Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more remote VPN access w/ 7.1?

No more remote VPN access w/ 7.1?

It seems since updating to 7.1 I can no longer connect to remote systems. It was possible with previous versions though I can't say which version I used last with success but it definitely was possible after establishing a VPN tunnel. Has something changed or am I just getting dumber?
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The RadioRA2 software has not been changed to cause any issues with a VPN connection. When you go to the transfer screen to transfer the file to the system what message are you receiving?

If I open a client to gateway VPN and then initiate a transfer the transfer screen will pop up the find Main Rep screen.
    Code:
    7:43:14 PM:     Please select the serial number of the repeater in the corresponding room.  
    7:43:20 PM:     No main repeaters were found on the network. Please check if the main repeater is properly connected to the network and click Refresh.
    7:45:32 PM:     Communication to the repeater with serial number 0085981E failed. Please check if the main repeater is properly connected to the network and click "Refresh."
    If I go from design>main rep location>find main I get Status Online
    Code:
    7:50:33 PM:     Please select the serial number of the repeater in the corresponding room.  
    7:50:43 PM:     Found 1 main repeater on the network.
    If I go to a browser and type the IP of the Main Rep I get the log in screen.

I'm now trying with 7.5 and still no joy. I did recently change my office network by adding a new router and a layer 3 switch and now my PC sits behind a cheap L2 switch > Cisco 2960 L2 switch > Cisco SG500-28 L3 switch > Router. I have no ACLs denying protocols or ports and I have no problems remotely connecting to other systems (AMX, HomeWorks, HAI, Cisco, etc) but no luck with RA2 since something changed. Since everything else I remote into still works I'd say it's a RA2 issue.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

I went back to 6.2.0 and file transfer worked fine. I read some other posts with similar local file transfer issues and verified Multicast was enabled on both routers. Why multicast? Sending the file to both possible Main Reps at the same time?
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Id there a main repeater on the local network that your computer is connected to when making this connection? If so please disconnect the main repeater as it is possible the software is seeing the local main repeater when attempting to connect to your customers main repeater.

Nope, I just have an old HomeWorks RF system in the home office. The VPN connection and file transfer works fine when running 6.2.0 but when running 7.1 and now 7.5 I can find the main rep but no transfer or firmware upgrades. Haven't tried intermediate revisions to see at which rev it broke.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Quote Originally Posted by vining View Post
    Nope, I just have an old HomeWorks RF system in the home office. The VPN connection and file transfer works fine when running 6.2.0 but when running 7.1 and now 7.5 I can find the main rep but no transfer or firmware upgrades. Haven't tried intermediate revisions to see at which rev it broke.
    On the find main repeater screen choose Show Advanced. Can you verify the main repeater's IP address is correctly filled in the Remote Programming Address field and the port is set to 51023?

IP address is right and the port is 51023. With my VPN established I can ping the Main Rep, telnet into it, open it's webpage from a browser, etc just can't connect for a transfer or firmware upgrade. If I open up in 6.2.0 all is good, while 7.1 and 7.5 doesn't work.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Quote Originally Posted by vining View Post
    IP address is right and the port is 51023. With my VPN established I can ping the Main Rep, telnet into it, open it's webpage from a browser, etc just can't connect for a transfer or firmware upgrade. If I open up in 6.2.0 all is good, while 7.1 and 7.5 doesn't work.
    Vining,

At this point we would please ask you to send a support file to systemsupport@lutron.com. When sending in the support file please refer back to this forum thread to help track the troubleshooting information already discussed.

I am having exact same issues. On the design tap, find main repeater, it shows it online. Any other tab or in firmware upgrade, it shows offline. I'm using PPTP VPN through Ubiquiti EdgeMax Router. Used to work fine in previous versions. Currently running 7.5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast