Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more remote VPN access w/ 7.1?

I can confirm the same issue. Symptoms exactly as described above (main repeaters shows online under Find Main Repeater, but cannot be found during diagnostics, firmware upgrade, or transfer).
    This started with the upgrade to 7.5 (from 6.3). If I go back and run the 6.3 software, no issues with transfer, diagnostics, etc. Issue only exists with 7.5 (did not try 7.1). It may be an underlying issue with the router (or router setting), but if so, something in 7.5 seems to be more sensitive to the router settings compared to release 6.3. I have not tried connecting PC directly to the router (not easily accessible)....solution to date has been to migrate back to 6.3.

Quote Originally Posted by rmauritzson View Post
    I can confirm the same issue. Symptoms exactly as described above (main repeaters shows online under Find Main Repeater, but cannot be found during diagnostics, firmware upgrade, or transfer).
    This started with the upgrade to 7.5 (from 6.3). If I go back and run the 6.3 software, no issues with transfer, diagnostics, etc. Issue only exists with 7.5 (did not try 7.1). It may be an underlying issue with the router (or router setting), but if so, something in 7.5 seems to be more sensitive to the router settings compared to release 6.3. I have not tried connecting PC directly to the router (not easily accessible)....solution to date has been to migrate back to 6.3.
    Correction: Issue started with upgrade from 6.2 to 7.5. I've since migrated back to 6.2 (not 6.3).
    Clarification: Local access to the main repeater is through a Actiontec c1000a router. Per other discussion threads, I am unable to find router settings for multicast or IGMP options. Would 7.x software rev be different vs. 6.2 in regards to these settings? (Is 6.2 more forgiving?)

Kevin P. posted:
    [code]

Originally Posted by vining
    IP address is right and the port is 51023. With my VPN established I can ping the Main Rep, telnet into it, open it's webpage from a browser, etc just can't connect for a transfer or firmware upgrade. If I open up in 6.2.0 all is good, while 7.1 and 7.5 doesn't work.

Vining,

At this point we would please ask you to send a support file to systemsupport@lutron.com. When sending in the support file please refer back to this forum thread to help track the troubleshooting information already discussed.
    [\code]
    I'm probably not going to get around to filing a support ticket so if anyone else wants to be my guest. Actual the more tickets filed the more likely this will be resolved by the next release.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    If you disconnect any HomeWorks illuminations processors or RadioAR2 main repeaters from the local network you are connected to do you still experience this issue?

I'm pretty sure my HomeWork RF is a P4 and it's only accessible on the network through a Digi One serial to IP I have connected to it's serial port so it's not responding to any broadcasts what so ever.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12