Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CL vs 6NA dimmers

Pete F.
    Jwyatt, the RRD-6CL is a newer control, so it has not been tested with as many LEDs as the 6NA. As we do more testing, the list of compatible LEDs for the 6CL will grow.

The 6CL does not require a neutral, so if you had a wallbox that doesn't have a neutral wire present, you could use the 6CL as a 6NA would not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    The 50W minimum load for the RRD-6CL dimmer is in reference to incandescent and halogen lighting loads. For LED and CFL loads you only need to have one of the approved bulbs connected to the dimmer. Here is a link for the current list of all of the approved LED and CFL bulb with this dimmer http://www.lutron.com/technicaldocum...%20Systems.pdf
    Would the RRD-6CL min load be an issue with one halo led ml56? If it will not work I will use the 6NA. I can't tell from the tech docs. Thanks.

Pete F.
    Jmelani, The minimum load of a dimmer only applies to incandescent and halogen loads. For an LED to appear on our Compatible Bulb List or our LED Product Selection Tool, it has to work with a minimum of 1 LED bulb or fixture, unless otherwise noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
    Jmelani, The minimum load of a dimmer only applies to incandescent and halogen loads. For an LED to appear on our Compatible Bulb List or our LED Product Selection Tool, it has to work with a minimum of 1 LED bulb or fixture, unless otherwise noted.
    Using the RR2 software if I set up a RRD-6CL with one 15 watt Halo ML56 is says "wattage not supported". I do see the ML56 listed on the LED Product Selection Tool, so this should work. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12