Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: motorized awing control

motorized awing control

I am using a double throw maintained switch (NT-DPDT-CO-MA) to control a motorized awing. Is there a device that can replace the double throw switch and instead of the switch provide me with dry contacts that I would be able to open and close using Visor Control Receiver

I guess I can use two of RF Softswitch® modules (LMJ-16R-DV-B) and tie them to buttons on a keypad.

Can anyone recommend a better solution?

Thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    We would recommend using two of the LMJ-CCO1-24-B that will be released by the end of next month to provide the dry contact closures.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    We would recommend using two of the LMJ-CCO1-24-B that will be released by the end of next month to provide the dry contact closures.
    Just to confirm, I am gonna need 2 x LMJ-16R-DV-B with 2 x LMJ-CCO1-24-B ?

does LMJ-CCO1-24-B come with a 24v power supply ?

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...369770_ENG.pdf

The LMJ-CCO1-24-B get feed by line voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    The LMJ-CCO1-24-B get feed by line voltage.
    Are you 100% positive? All cut sheets indicate 24V input power.

The NT-DPDT-CO-MA uses dry contact closure outputs. The LMJ-CCO1-24-B will also provide a dry contact closure.

That doesn't answer the question... Is there a RadioRA2 or HomeworksQS version of the LMJ-CCO1-24-B that is powered by line voltage and not 24V as stated in the cut sheet?

There is currently not a line voltage version of the LMJ-CCO1-24-B

Quote Originally Posted by GMHunt View Post
    That doesn't answer the question... Is there a RadioRA2 or HomeworksQS version of the LMJ-CCO1-24-B that is powered by line voltage and not 24V as stated in the cut sheet?
    A brand I am happy with is Functional Devices. They have many relay-in-a-box devices you can use with whatever Lutron device you see fit. I use the RIB U1C to flip power between NO and NC with anything from 12VDC to 120VAC.
    For the scenario you describe I would wire 12VDC through a VCRX relay output to the RIB. The awning-open side of the motor would be connected to the NO output on the RIB, the awning-close would be on the NC side.
    Do you need double throw? The box I'm referring to is single throw but would work with the line-voltage motors I usually run across. Functional devices makes double-throw versions as well.

Somewhat related- I think it's odd that the LMJ-CCO1-24-B isn't line voltage.

Sucky.

I would love to see a fireplace switch like this. I'm not sure how they get away with high and low voltage in the same box without a partition but we have a builder who keeps wiring fireplaces like this even though we're installing Lutron.

http://www.control4.com/docs/product...uide-rev-b.pdf

11. Thanks Craig W. thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast