Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: motorized awing control

So I scrapped using Visor Control Receiver idea and went with two LMJ-16R-DV-B switches. One to extend and the second to retract the awing. Each soft switch is programmed to a button on the keypad, but here is the problem.

The control on the old NT-DPDT-CO-MA switch could only be in one of the 3 positions, meaning you could only short 1 circuit at the time.
    With softswitches tied to a keypad, I can press both keypad buttons at the same time and short both forward and reverse contacts, which would probably damage the awing.

Is there a way to configure the buttons on the keypad so you can only have one pressed at any given time?

Quote Originally Posted by net_tech View Post
    So I scrapped using Visor Control Receiver idea and went with two LMJ-16R-DV-B switches. One to extend and the second to retract the awing. Each soft switch is programmed to a button on the keypad, but here is the problem.

The control on the old NT-DPDT-CO-MA switch could only be in one of the 3 positions, meaning you could only short 1 circuit at the time.
    With softswitches tied to a keypad, I can press both keypad buttons at the same time and short both forward and reverse contacts, which would probably damage the awing.

Is there a way to configure the buttons on the keypad so you can only have one pressed at any given time?
    Either of these methods should work (top 2 buttons if you need 2 buttons, 3rd button if you just want 1)

- - - Updated - - -

I would personally be using a DPDT and a single relay softswitch though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Toggles.png  

3. Thanks net_tech thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by GMHunt View Post
    I would personally be using a DPDT and a single relay softswitch though.
    Thanks for the quick response, can you explain the reasons behind using DPDT and a single relay softswitch and how it would get implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    A brand I am happy with is Functional Devices. They have many relay-in-a-box devices you can use with whatever Lutron device you see fit. I use the RIB U1C to flip power between NO and NC with anything from 12VDC to 120VAC.
    For the scenario you describe I would wire 12VDC through a VCRX relay output to the RIB. The awning-open side of the motor would be connected to the NO output on the RIB, the awning-close would be on the NC side.
    Do you need double throw? The box I'm referring to is single throw but would work with the line-voltage motors I usually run across. Functional devices makes double-throw versions as well.

Somewhat related- I think it's odd that the LMJ-CCO1-24-B isn't line voltage.
    Digi

I also love RIB products but they also offer there DC version meaning Dry Contact input The beauty of this is no reason to have the 12 volts. You just put the DC wires on the CCO

Check out the cut sheet and drawing. I think you will like this alternative RIB01BDC.pdfDrawing.tiff.pdf

RIB01BDC.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12