Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just upgraded to 7.5 and transfer always fails.

Just upgraded to 7.5 and transfer always fails.

When I try to transfer to my repeater i get a ip multicast error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ui9ty2otnc...2012.19.17.png

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Unfortunately, we are not able to view dropbox files on our network due to security reasons.

Please be aware, multicast needs to be enabled in the router to ensure connectivity and communication to the Main Repeater. If you are unsure of how to confirm if multicast is enabled in the router, we recommend contacting the router manufacturer for assistance with this task.

Another good thing to verify is to remove the router altogether. If you directly connect to the main repeater and ensure both the repeater and the computer have static IP addresses in the same network, are you able to then connect?

i am having a similar issue since upgrading to 7.5. When I try to activate, it shows the main repeater is offline yet it is online since the app works and I can ping it. This is my own personal system which I am constantly tweaking. No network changes have been made and I know the software typically works fine with my router (a Luxul). Is it possible something broke with 7.5? I tried 7.1 and had the same issue. 6.3 was working.

Connected, If you are having this issue when connecting over the local network do you experience this same issue when you are directly connected to the main repeater?

Sorry to hear about the issue you all are having. I upgraded the firmware on my Main repeater first, then did a transfer and everything worked fine.

Asus router; static IP addresses on both my PC and repeater.

So if others are fearful of upgrading -- here's at least on data point that it worked.

Thanks.... I enabled multicast in my router and everything is working perfect......

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    Connected, If you are having this issue when connecting over the local network do you experience this same issue when you are directly connected to the main repeater?
    Hi Craig. Thanks for the reply and sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I was actually able to upgrade the firmware by hardwiring my laptop to the network - no need to connect directly to the Main Repeater. Even after upgrading, I for some reason can no longer transfer to the system over wireless. That's ok, at least I know how to transfer now.

Thanks.

I had the same issue, 3 brand new repeaters all directly wired from PC to repeater (no router), static IP's.

All 3 upgraded were found immediately and requested firmware from 7.2 to 7.5, which says it completed.

All three have failed upon transfer to connect. Error says "cycle Repeater power supply and try again" (Still stuck in this loop)

Had to downgrade to a previous version to get the job done, but know I still have 2 repeaters I need to get working on 7.5

Same symptoms as described in the first posts.

Tried all obvious re-booting, resetting, defaulting. Still stuck....

Still Stuck, initiates Repeater activation. A bunch of files blur by gets to 100% and then it reverts (right side screen) to saying activating main repeater. Then on the repeater itself the "Add" button starts flashing (quickly / green) then after a few minutes it says it cannot activate and to cycle the power on the repeater and try again... I'm hoping this is something I'm doing wrong. I have all my network settings as recommended by Lutron, with my wireless (internet) connection turned off, firewall disabled, static IP's etc... IT connects and finds the repeater in record time, but the transfer always fails....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast