Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just upgraded to 7.5 and transfer always fails.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    paulhanks, if you use a dummy project file do you still experience this same issue?

Actually took one more repeater off the shelf and it worked (updated as expected). Odd thing was the newest one had a yellow label that said must use 7.1 or better software, which was the main one giving us problems and we are sending it back as defective. We program regularly to multiple clients and this is the first time we had this issue.

Having same issue. On home system with Belken router I entered MAC address into the filtering option (even tho MRP is hardwired to router,) and it allowed me to transfer and use LHC app. Having major issues at a customers house as they run all Apple and im not as familiar with tweaking. Nobody at tech support can help since this is a router issue. Kinda tough to explain to customer as this was never a problem until I updated to 7.5 Anyone have any input on dealing with this using apple hardware?? (Time Capsule with several airport expresses)

Probably not very helpful, but I use the Apple airport at home and on some clients. Occasionally it gives me the same problem but I usually cycle the power on it and/or the actual modem/dsl/etc.. which usually helps. At home I also experience the problem with the use of the APP, usually it works fine and occasionally it cannot find the system. Then next day it works again(no changes). This is through an iPad that only/always connects through the Airport.

5. Thanks electricrussell thanked for this post
    Likes Kevin P. liked this post
    I updated a system to 7.5 for a client and transfer was flawless.

I have yet to get 7.x to work with my system. 7.x (7.5 & now 7.6) cannot find the Main Repeaters (both are considered offline) when trying to run 'diagnostics' or 'transfer'. I'm using a transferred setup & programming from 6.x. Both Repeaters are running with static IP addresses, and have no issue being found with 6.x (6.1-6.2). I'm not connecting remotely...I'm directly connected to the network through a C1000A router/DSL modem. I really want to migrate my own system to 7.x, but it simply doesn't work in my environment. Nobody has been able to tell me what changed between 6.x & 7.x to cause this issue. Call me stubborn, but I refuse to directly connect the Main repeaters to the PC....This shouldn't be necessary since they work flawlessly with 6.x. Firmware on Main Repeaters was last updated in the Fall 2013. Keeping myself & future installs on 6.x until I feel 7.x is robust enough to handle all networking environments.

To summarize, the Main Repeaters are online, and no issue transferring programming with 6.x. App software also works flawlessly.
    7.x software cannot find the Main Repeaters, and therefore is useless for updating & transferring programming.

If there is some known firmware update needed, or networking requirement associated with 7.x, please let me know.

Did you enable multicast on your router?
    Did you try cycling power on your main repeater?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    rmauritzson, the firewalls on the computer might be causing the issue. The 6.X software might have an exceptions written for the firewalls or the antivirus software. When 7.X was installed the exception that was previously created to 6.X will not carry over. Each new version of the software is treated as a new install and not an upgrade of the previous version. Therefore, new rules/exceptions will have to be made to any of the Lutron software on the computer that is monitored by network security.

rmauritzon, had exact same issue. out-of-box your MRPs and reload the 7.x file. this is time consuming but its what I ended up having to do on my job that gave me problems. .lutx file should retain device serial numbers so reactivating should be automatic. also, on my home system (different place, same prob) I entered the MRP's mac address in the mac filtering list in my router advanced settings. hope this helps.

I've tried rebooting the main repeaters, and disabled all firewalls. It appears to be a software issue that only shows up under certain circumstances - with a few users impacted, but obviously not all.
    Possibly only an issue for existing systems that are transferred from 6.2 to 7.5/7.6?

An interesting observation, under 7.5/7.6 both main repeaters are discoverable & online when using the 'find main repeater' option under the DESIGN tab. However, neither main repeater can be found (always 'offline'), when trying to activate/transfer. They are also not found (offline) when trying to run diagnostics.
    The fact that they are online and discoverable under the DESIGN tab really seems to point to a software issue/interaction.

I will likely have to try to completely out-of-box them as electricrussell recommends (or keep running Rev 6 of the software which works great), but I must say Rev7 has not been a favorable experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast