Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lutron Smart Bridge Pro IP Gateway

Quote Originally Posted by adamfox View Post
    Thank you so much! I'd read elsewhere that you could but couldn't find any specifics or confirmation. I do own a Wink Hub but sadly it's firmware has been updated to close the root access loop hole. Just purchased a Smart Hub from Amazon and am looking forward to messing around with that.
    Sounds good. Hope you will post about your experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by az1324 View Post
    Sounds good. Hope you will post about your experiences.
    Any chance you have some experience with this? Enabled telnet within the Caseta app but getting denied access when telneting in. Would message you if I could but it doesn't seem to be allowed throw this forum.

I should add that I've tried usernames from the integration protocol doc but am getting returned Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive)
    Last edited by adamfox; 09-17-2014 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Addition

Any chance you have some experience with this? Enabled telnet within the Caseta app but getting denied access when telneting in. Would message you if I could but it doesn't seem to be allowed throw this forum.

I should add that I've tried usernames from the integration protocol doc but am getting returned Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive)
    No but if it requires public key auth then the key should be a part of the app.

Msg my username at live dot com.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thanks for the help Kevin! It's for 3rd Party partners but is it locked down to the point that I wouldn't be able to tinker with it as a hobbyist?
    adamfox,

Unfortunately, the Caseta Wireless system currently is not an open integration protocol. The approved Third Party partners worked with Lutron to develop drivers that allow them to communicate to the Smart Bridge Pro.

Thank you for the feedback. I have passed this information along to the Caseta Wireless development team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    adamfox,

Unfortunately, the Caseta Wireless system currently is not an open integration protocol. The approved Third Party partners worked with Lutron to develop drivers that allow them to communicate to the Smart Bridge Pro.

Thank you for the feedback. I have passed this information along to the Caseta Wireless development team.
    Disappointing... really just want simple one way commands within one room... via URC Total Control
    I know it's coming... from URC... but seems to me we should be able to enable telnet and then send one way IP commands to the Bridge(Pro). Done.
    Bradley
    elahome.com

I know I'm weeks late to this party, but anyone got anywhere with telnet-ing to the SMBPro? Anyone tried to use wireshark (or any packet sniffer) to analyze the traffic between the app and the SMBPro? Or between a 3rd party device and the SMBPro?

Need to go back to my job site... but in settings on the iphone goto the app and turn on advanced settings.
    Bradley
    elahome.com

I understand that Caseta Smartbridge Pro is in beta testing for compatibility with Alarm.com, and that it is already compatible with Harmony Home. My question is this: can I connect the Smartbridge Pro to both of these systems at the same time, such that either system can then control my Caseta lights?

It should

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty123 View Post
    I understand that Caseta Smartbridge Pro is in beta testing for compatibility with Alarm.com, and that it is already compatible with Harmony Home. My question is this: can I connect the Smartbridge Pro to both of these systems at the same time, such that either system can then control my Caseta lights?
    I have successfully made 2 connections to the SBP at the same time. Both were coming from the same ip but it shouldn't matter. If it doesn't work then Lutron should release a firmware update, cause that would be a bug.

Don't take my answer as official cause I don't work for lutron, but, I'm 99% certain both devices will work at the same time.

will Sivoia QS wired device be compatible with the Smart Bridge pro?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast