Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lutron Smart Bridge Pro IP Gateway

This can't be right. I know for a fact that RTI just came out with a 2-way driver for Smart Bridge Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    indigodomo,

Unfortunately, the Smart Bridge/Pro does not have an open API available.

I have passed this information along to the Caseta Wireless development team for future consideration.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by dinom View Post
    This can't be right. I know for a fact that RTI just came out with a 2-way driver for Smart Bridge Pro.
    dinom,

RTI is an approved 3rd party partner to integrate with Caseta Wireless. Lutron worked with RTI to create a driver.

For more approved 3rd party partners please visit: http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/Alliances.aspx.

Looks like the api is REST/JSON so it should not be too hard to figure out. Would be nice if there was some public documentation just no support without a contract. Everybody wins.

Range

Maybe I missed it but what is the physical range of the smart bridge? 30' like the dimmers?

Quote Originally Posted by -wix- View Post
    Maybe I missed it but what is the physical range of the smart bridge? 30' like the dimmers?
    -wix-

Correct. The range of the Smart Bridge is 30 feet.

Here is a similar thread with more information: https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...tion-Questions

Hi! Hoping this is the appropriate place: I currently own a Staples Connect Hub and am considering replacing it with either the Smart Bridge or Smart Bridge Pro. Do both models of bridges allow for Telnet access or is that limited to the Pro version only? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by adamfox View Post
    Hi! Hoping this is the appropriate place: I currently own a Staples Connect Hub and am considering replacing it with either the Smart Bridge or Smart Bridge Pro. Do both models of bridges allow for Telnet access or is that limited to the Pro version only? Thanks!
    adamfox,

Only the Smart Bridge Pro supports telnet access. This is used for approved 3rd party integration partners. These 3rd party partners can be found here: http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/Alliances.aspx.

8. Thanks adamfox thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    adamfox,

Only the Smart Bridge Pro supports telnet access. This is used for approved 3rd party integration partners. These 3rd party partners can be found here: http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/Alliances.aspx.

Thanks for the help Kevin! It's for 3rd Party partners but is it locked down to the point that I wouldn't be able to tinker with it as a hobbyist?

Quote Originally Posted by adamfox View Post
    Thanks for the help Kevin! It's for 3rd Party partners but is it locked down to the point that I wouldn't be able to tinker with it as a hobbyist?
    You're not going to get any help or endorsements there, but seems like you should be able to emulate anything the app does over a local connection for either version of the bridge. Also look at the $50 wink hub it supports caseta and 4 other radio protocols and can be rooted for local access.

11. Thanks adamfox thanked for this post
    Likes adamfox liked this post
    Thank you so much! I'd read elsewhere that you could but couldn't find any specifics or confirmation. I do own a Wink Hub but sadly it's firmware has been updated to close the root access loop hole. Just purchased a Smart Hub from Amazon and am looking forward to messing around with that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast