Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lutron Smart Bridge Pro IP Gateway

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by shanned View Post
    Currently have quite a few Z-Wave devices. But since transitioning to LED lights, the Z-Wave dimmers seem to be a bit flakey on the dimming control. I have purchased a couple of Caseta dimmers (which are supposed to be compatible with LED/CFL) to test and I am considering transitioning to Lutron for lighting control. i Have a few of questions regarding the Smart Bridge Pro device that hopefully someone can answer.

1) Will the Smart Bridge be compatible with the existing line of Meastro Wireless products. See a lot of talk about RA2 but not sure where the Meastro product line falls in the mix. The Caseta line is quite sparse at the moment.

In the event of Server Problems (Manufacturer Cloud) or Internet outage most of these controllers are useless. This has been frustration in the past with other manufacturers like Nexia/Schlage.

2) Will the Smart Bridge work in local mode (can it be accessed directly on the local network without the cloud)? I know this question was asked in the first message, but I did not see the answer to this question.

3) Will automation events still fire during outage?

TIA
    shanned,

Thank you for your questions.

1. The Smart Bridge is not compatible with the existing line of Maestro Wireless products.
    2. Initial access from the app requires internet access. Local network access is coming soon. Pico remotes will continue to function when the internet is lost, or even when the bridge is unplugged.
    3. Scheduled scenes require an internet connection to keep the time up to date. Scheduled scenes will continue to function if the smart bridge loses internet connection and does not lose power.

What is the difference between the Smart Bridge and Smart Bridge Pro?

I fear that the areas I wish to control may be too far apart and/or obstructed to be handled by a single hub. Is it possible to have 2 hubs on the same network? I am not looking for a lot of devices/switches - just totally opposite ends of a very spread out home.

Quote Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
    What is the difference between the Smart Bridge and Smart Bridge Pro?
    The Smart Bridge can control Caseta Wireless Dimmers and Switches, and Serena RF Shades.

The Smart Bridge Pro can control Caseta Wireless Dimmers and Switches, Serena RF Shades, Sivoia QS Triathalon Shades and select Sivoia QS Wireless Shades. The Smart Bridge Pro can also integrate with select third party AV and security systems.

Quote Originally Posted by hgmobile View Post
    I fear that the areas I wish to control may be too far apart and/or obstructed to be handled by a single hub. Is it possible to have 2 hubs on the same network? I am not looking for a lot of devices/switches - just totally opposite ends of a very spread out home.
    Each Smart Bridge is assigned to one account. If you have two Smart Bridges then you will need to have two separate accounts. To control each system you would need to log out of one account and log into the second account when using the Lutron App for Caseta Wireless.

To have one complete system you will need to use RadioRA 2 dimmers and switches with a Main and Auxiliary repeaters to cover the complete range of all devices. You can then use the Lutron Home Control+ App to control the entire system.

How many devices will this hub support? In-total, across all supported schemes? How many dimmers, remote, shades, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    How many devices will this hub support? In-total, across all supported schemes? How many dimmers, remote, shades, etc?
    The Smart Bridge or Smart Bridge Pro can control a total of 50 devices and 50 scenes. The Smart Bridge will count as one device.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    The Smart Bridge or Smart Bridge Pro can control a total of 50 devices and 50 scenes. The Smart Bridge will count as one device.
    Ok, so this leads to the next question, is the 50 device count also a limit of the Caseta wireless setup?

As in, you can have up to 100 devices on a RA2 repeater, and up to two repeaters together in a network. Is this the same sort of arrangement with the Caseta line?

Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    Ok, so this leads to the next question, is the 50 device count also a limit of the Caseta wireless setup?

As in, you can have up to 100 devices on a RA2 repeater, and up to two repeaters together in a network. Is this the same sort of arrangement with the Caseta line?
    50 device count is the limit for the Smart Bridge. You may only have one Smart Bridge per account. You cannot have two Smart Bridges on the same system. If you exceed 50 devices then a RadioRA 2 system is recommended.

Is there an API available for either the Smart Bridge or the Smart Bridge Pro that can be used to integrate Caseta devices with existing home automation systems?

Quote Originally Posted by indigodomo View Post
    Is there an API available for either the Smart Bridge or the Smart Bridge Pro that can be used to integrate Caseta devices with existing home automation systems?
    indigodomo,

Unfortunately, the Smart Bridge/Pro does not have an open API available.

I have passed this information along to the Caseta Wireless development team for future consideration.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast