Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extron via RS232 or ethernet to change HomeWorks QS scene setting

Extron via RS232 or ethernet to change HomeWorks QS scene setting

Good morning, I have a project is using homework QS, the client request AV system Extron need to via RS232 or Etherent to change HomeWorks QS scene setting and they want to save that setting in a temporary scene button.
    I can use OUTPUT Commands - Start Raising zone level. #OUTPUT,1,2<CR><LF> to set scene level, am I right, and how can I save the scene setting to Phantom Keypad?
    Thanks.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    We are currently finalizing documentation on how to have a third party system make scene adjustments and saving those adjustments. This will require the 7.0.0 version of the HomeWorks QS software. Once we have this documentation finalized it will be posted on the HomeWorks resource site.

3. Likes mcignarella liked this post
    Thanks for your supply, I will pass this good news to client.

Any update on this?

Apologies for the delay. The documentation for having a third party system edit scenes in a Lutron system will be tentatively scheduled for release by the end of this month.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to this capability being added.

*******UPDATE***********

The #EDIT command application note has been added to the HomeWorks QS residential site. You may find it under the Technical Information tab for the HomeWorks QS app notes, under the Integration category.

I have a question on this after reading the app note for #EDIT. Has anything changed/updated where a "scene saver" type command can be sent to a particular button rather than having to send a string with all device information and levels?

Looking for a simply way for the client to set the levels of particular loads, then just hit save. Unless I am missing something on the app document, this is not something that can be easily done.

Thank you for the feedback. The HomeWorks QS system does not have a "scene saver" like functionality outside of the Lutron Home Control+ app. You can use the #EDIT command from a third party control; if a third party can be programmed to send a #EDIT string from one or multiple button presses, it may be easier for the customer in way.

11. Thanks totesthouse thanked for this post
    Thank you. I will recommend the client use the Home+ app for editing based off this information.

It would be too time consuming to have to track all the necessary information to make this work in the same manner via 3rd party (track current levels of all pertinent loads for each button and then build out the string appropriately when save is requested).

I will add a "scene saver command" feature request for this on the ongoing "wish list".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast