Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Update Software, Yet I See Prompt for Sync of Homeowner Edits?

Cannot Update Software, Yet I See Prompt for Sync of Homeowner Edits?

I'm running OS X 10.9.2 with Parallels with fully updated XP and Lutron 2.7.1. When I try to update with my adjustments, I get the prompt to sync homeowner edits (and preview works) yet it says it can't find the main repeater to update and therefore won't update the software. This happened from running 2.7 last time with the new upgrade to 2.7.1. When the prompt comes up to find the repeater, that repeater is shown, and iOS apps work just fine with it. I wondered if this is a parallels issue and if so, does anyone have the recommended configuration instructions to use with Parallels? The last two years I've used Parallels and XP to program the system. Thanks!

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    What version of the RadioRA2 software is currently running on this main repeater?

3. Thanks schalliol thanked for this post
    It should be 2.7.0, as that's the latest software that installed updated programming, and I think each upload updates the firmware if not current.

The software will only perform a firmware update of the main repeater if the firmware that is currently on the main repeater is different that the software version being used to do the file transfer. If you are experiencing and issue updating the main repeater to version 7.1.0 please try to update it to version 6.3.0 and then to version 7.1.0.

I go back to 6.3.0 do this even if I've been using the repeater under 7.0 and every earlier version?

If the system has already been successfully transferred to using version 7.0 or higher then you do not need to down grade the system to version 6.3.0.

Thanks! Here's what I see both on 7.2 and 7.5:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-04-20 at 2.46.53 PM.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	192

Any ideas? Thanks!

I noticed the gateway was set to 192.168.1.1 vs. 15.1 and fixed that, yet it doesn't help. The iOS apps do work. Again, it finds the homeowner edits, so the system must see the repeater, yet it says it can't find it. I tried doing a firmware update but also am told it can't find the repeater. Very much looking forward to ideas!

From the screen shot is looks like the software is not able to find the main repeater. This is typically caused by multi-casting messages being blocked. If you directly connect your computer to the main repeater does this issue still occur?

If you are using a project file that already contains the IP address of the main repeater you will not need to find the main repeater again to di a file transfer or to sync the homeowner edits.

I have DD-WRT Multicasting filtered on and off with the same result. I'll have to go check in person by plugging in directly. It's strange homeowner edits sync fine, yet it somehow says it can't see the main repeater to download...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast