Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 0-10v fan

0-10v fan

We've been asked to control a Big A$$ Fan, Isis model. There is a 0-10v module that replaces their wall controller/remote. You lose some functionality since the remote will allow 21 speeds, but we're fine with the ~10 speeds available via the 0-10v.

My question is, since this is the only 0-10v device in the project, is my only option to add the TVM kit and GRX-TVM2? I'd like to be able to keep position8 open for other future use and the cost is a bit high. Is there any way to do this externally? I'm assuming the GRX-TVI won't work since I don't have a 0-10v source from the BAF module? (see attachements)
    Thanks for any thoughts
    Attached Files Attached Files

You could use a unregulated 10v power supply/ Transformer and run that off homework's dimmer. When I did it I ran it from a rpm so you might not meet min load and need a synthetic load. It must be unregulated. I have done that once before when i was in a jam. I don't recommend this way but it does work.

We used the LUT-Box as an interface and a RPM 4U on three ISIS BAFs and it worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Sr View Post
    We used the LUT-Box as an interface and a RPM 4U on three ISIS BAFs and it worked great.
    Great, good news - but what do you mean by "the LUT-Box as an interface"?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thomod View Post
    Great, good news - but what do you mean by "the LUT-Box as an interface"?
    thanks
    If I recall correctly and it has been a couple of years now that the BAF has a constant hot and a control wire. It is the control wire we ran through the LUT-Box synthetic load.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can't see why a grx-tvi wouldn't work, provided you can sacrifice a dimmed rpm circuit in the project and don't mind it being displayed as a light in any GUI.

7. Likes jaketyjake liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The other way to solve this would be to use the LMJ-5T. It can do source or sink but it is an RF product so you will need RF coverage to use it.