Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Installing a UPS on an H8P5 processor

Installing a UPS on an H8P5 processor

As the older processors age, so do their batteries for retaining memory. I have two clients with this issue right now. One is a seven year old H8P5 and every power outage the memory is lost and I must make a trip to re-load the processor. First, let me say that it would be a really great thing for Lutron to offer battery replacements for these systems, even at a cost. But since that's not the case (at least not that I know of) and I don't really want to crack one of these suckers open and mess something up in there I am hoping to get them a suitable UPS to keep the processor powered up. How do I figure out how much juice the H8P5 requires for any length of time so as to find them the right UPS? I know they have an older power supply for some of the Seetouch keypads so some of them will just be dead if the power is out. Since there is no generator on this job the UPS will need to run for a minimum of 4 hours to be safe... Anyone know how to figure out the power calc?

annie

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by anniej View Post
    As the older processors age, so do their batteries for retaining memory. I have two clients with this issue right now. One is a seven year old H8P5 and every power outage the memory is lost and I must make a trip to re-load the processor. First, let me say that it would be a really great thing for Lutron to offer battery replacements for these systems, even at a cost. But since that's not the case (at least not that I know of) and I don't really want to crack one of these suckers open and mess something up in there I am hoping to get them a suitable UPS to keep the processor powered up. How do I figure out how much juice the H8P5 requires for any length of time so as to find them the right UPS? I know they have an older power supply for some of the Seetouch keypads so some of them will just be dead if the power is out. Since there is no generator on this job the UPS will need to run for a minimum of 4 hours to be safe... Anyone know how to figure out the power calc?

annie
    annie,

The H8P5 processor would draw a maximum of 2A. You can use 2A to factory into your equation to help determine the size of UPS needed for x amount of hours.