A dealer had asked us for a way to send integration commands directly to the Main Repeater via Ethernet. We thought the information would be useful to share in the forum.
In order to send the Main Repeater advanced integration commands, you must first establish a telnet session with the Main Repeater. The steps below will describe how to connect to the Main Repeater via Telnet:
• Open the command line or terminal in your computer. For example, for windows 7, you may click start and on the search bar, type 'cmd' and press enter. For windows XP, click on start->Run-> type 'cmd' and press enter
• On the command line, type "telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" where the 'x's represent the IP address the main repeater is using to connect to your machine (see it in the "find main repeater" screen).
- If you do not have telnet enabled in your machine, please enable it by going to the Control Panel and then to Programs and Features. It is a feature called "Telnet Client".
• It will prompt you for login and password. Login: "lutron" password: "integration"
• Once logged in, you may write commands on the prompt to verify or change the status of the system.