Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Programming Ceiling Fan Buttons

Programming Ceiling Fan Buttons

How are you typically programming ceiling fan speeds?
    I was going to try using a 5-step manual sequence with each step a different speed and off (LED on for all speeds and LED off for off).

I can only use 1 or 2 buttons per room. So my "Ceiling Fan" button will start/next the sequence and my "Room Off" button will go to step5(off) of the sequence.
    I can't test until next week onsite, but since it's a plane flight away and I'm only there a couple of days and there are 18 fans I thought I'd check in for other ideas first....

Fan Programming

Quote Originally Posted by thomod View Post
    How are you typically programming ceiling fan speeds?
    I was going to try using a 5-step manual sequence with each step a different speed and off (LED on for all speeds and LED off for off).

I can only use 1 or 2 buttons per room. So my "Ceiling Fan" button will start/next the sequence and my "Room Off" button will go to step5(off) of the sequence.
    I can't test until next week onsite, but since it's a plane flight away and I'm only there a couple of days and there are 18 fans I thought I'd check in for other ideas first....
    Yours is a good solution. Our baseline is one button with a manual sequence also, 3 step> Medium/High>Low>Off - 5 is a lot of steps. We put the Fan Off under the room off 'hold' function along with the room lighting in locals where leaving windows open and fans running for ventilation is common when the room is unoccupied and unlit

So I'm trying this now and the control function is working but the LED isn't going off when the fan goes off on step5 (Status LED is set to OFF). I followed your advice with the hold function for the room off button by going to step5 in the sequence and the fan goes off but the LED on the CeilingFan button doesn't go off. Any tricks I'm missing?
    thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Is the sequence automatic with tracking?
    Is the LED logic of the button "Defined by Sequence?"
    For further assistance with this program, could you post the project file to this post and provide us the location/name of the keypad and button being used?

Fan Control

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    Is the sequence automatic with tracking?
    Is the LED logic of the button "Defined by Sequence?"
    For further assistance with this program, could you post the project file to this post and provide us the location/name of the keypad and button being used?
    I have found that a Double Tap is pretty handy to turn off the fan from any speed.

6. Thanks Armando B. thanked for this post
    Likes Armando B. liked this post