Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Subnet Conflict Error Warning

Authorized Lutron Contributor

Subnet Conflict Error Warning

We have had calls where dealers will activate a processor on the Activation tab and immediately get an error and a caution sign saying the is a "Subnet Conflict Error". This means that the IP address that was configured for the processor in the software is not in the same network as the computer. The processor will then not be able to transfer or upload the processor firmware while in this connection.

We would recommend confirming the IP address of the computer or the router (if applicable). Then, once it is confirmed, please go to the Network Settings and ensure the first three sets of numbers in the IP address is the same as the IP address the computer or router is using. This will ensure the processor is in the same network and will not have subnet issues.

i have tried that and still have the same "subnet conflict" error message.Is there anything else i could do?!thank you

If that happens, deactivate the processors and then re-fresh it. What IP address does it say it has? If it does not have one in the same subnet, refresh it once more then re-activate it.

If you de-activate it and it has an IP addres within the subnet mask and is still showing a subnet error, please post a copy of your project file to the post?

i solved the subnet mask issue,the software detects the processor,"status=good",but i cant transfer the project data to the processor!i checked all the connections,tried differente cables all with the same outcome!"comunication to one or more processors failed"

Do you have any firewalls or antivirus in your computer? If so, I'd recommend temporarily disabling them as they may someitmes block communication for activation, transfers, and firmware upgrades.

No firewalls and only running Avira Antivir!Im currently using a laptop with OS windows 8.0.Do you know any problems regarding windows 8.0 and HomeWorks QS 6.2?

Pedro,

There should be no issues with the HWQS 6.2.0 version and Windows 8. If you temporarily disable the antivirus, restart the software, are you then able to transfer?

Hi Pedro,

You don't have another Lutron HWQS system running on the same network do you? I've had similar issues to you, as soon as I put them on separate networks everything worked as it should.

Have you tried setting your laptop to a static ip one the same network scheme as the processors and connecting directly to one of the processors. If you then can successfully transfer that will at least tell you its a routing issue on the network. Are you connecting to the network wired or wireless ? How did you resolve the subnet issue? That may give us a glue to what else might be wrong. What I generally do when I am facing these issues is connect to each processor directly and make sure I can upload a dummy project to each one. If i can succesfully do that I know I have no hardware issues. I then link the processors back together through the network and plug laptop into one of the processors and try to upload a dummy multiple processor job again.Are your processors linked together via the switch ports on the processor or through a router/switch. Depending on how many hops you have linking processors together via the switch ports on the processors makes its easy to upload projects when facing routing issues because you can just set static disconnect the one link to network switch/router and have a working system even when the clients network is down except for HomeControl App. Also not sure if this has been discussed on the forum but there is a nice tool in the lutron folder under tools called DEVICE IP TOOL . This could help you detect any issues with connections so you don't have to go through the steps with in the software and wait for it to fail to see you have a problem. There is also another nice tool in the same folder tools called PROCESSOR AUTO DETECT. This is extremely helpful when trying to make changes to the processors network settings.