While it is possible to control a HomeWorks Illumination system using a HomeWorks QS system, LED feedback based on Homeworks Illumination states will NOT be visible to HWQS.
Requirements for Each System:
- Unique telnet username/password for the HWQS system must be created under Link 9 of the Illumination project file.
- In the Address Assignment screen, select Link 9: enter in a new telnet username and password to be used by the HWQS system; be sure to leave all monitoring/suppression un-checked.
- Connect Link 9 to the on-site router using an Ethernet cable.
- Everything should be suppressed and nothing should be monitored.
- Set a static IP address to the Illumination processor.
- Complete an upload.
- Create a new command set for the Illumination system.
- At the top of the screen, go to "Tools" -> "Edit Command Sets."
- Name the command set "HomeWorks Illumination."
- "Check" the "Use RS232 terminator" and select "<LF> (0A)" and "<CR> (0D)" from the drop-down menu.
- Add the desired commands to the command set using the HomeWorks Illumination Protocol (attached).
- Create an instance of a 3rd-party device in the software.
- In the "design" tab, "define equipment" task, add a "Control 3rd party" device (may need to add it from the Toolbox).
- Name the device to "HomeWorks Illumination System"
- Enter the static IP address of the HWI processor. Enter the HWI telnet username and password in the HWQS software under the 3rd-party "username" field in this format without quotes or greater-than/less-than signs: "<username>,<password>"
- "Password" field should be left BLANK!
- Change the "Edit Commands Sets" column to "HomeWorks Illumination."
- Program 3rd-party integration command instances to buttons accordingly throughout the HWQS project.
- Complete a transfer.