Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Arriving home doesn't turn on the lights

Arriving home doesn't turn on the lights

I have arriving home set to turn on my lights. It never has. I also have my phone set to turn off my lights when i leave home which it does flawlessly.

I have checked and re-checked all the setting on both my iphone and the app and everything is set correctly.
    I have set my perimeter to 10000 and and wall the say down to the smallest area and about everyting in between. Background refresh is on as well. Lococation is on, celluar data everything is on. I am really tired of coming home to a dark house.

HELP!

Make sure your phone isn't in low power mode when you are arriving home.

that is usually not an issue for me. if its gone into low power mode, the phone is already at home and i am on the sofa.

I'm sure you have done this, but please recheck. (I am speaking from experience)
    In Settings ->Arriving/Leaving Home, how many devices are listed to the right of Arriving Home and Leaving Home?
    Also, look at the the devices checked in Arriving Home and make sure they do not say Off.

Another possibility. If you are using Smart Away, see if you are using the same devices as in Arriving Home. I have not tried this, but maybe there is a conflict, and Smart Away overrides and turns off the Arriving Home devices. Just turn off Smart Away and see if this makes a difference.

turned smartaway on the other day, to see if that was the issue. it is turned off now. Arriving home and leaving home both control the same can lights. The can lights are on a lutron /caseta dimmer switch. They are set to be on when i arrive and as i stated before the app always knows when I leave the house and they turn off. been fightiing this for a year. Want to add more Alexa enabled switches in the house, but if, the Caseta isn't going to work, then i have no interest in pursing this brand.

A last resort suggestion. Are the devices that are checked to turn on, set at 100%? Even 1% will show the device is set to turn on.

Try calling Lutron Support at 1-844-LUTRON1. They are very good at solving problems.

i have them set to 100 Percent. I have sent them an e-mail when i first started working on this issue over a year ago, and never heard back from them. Which really frustrated me.

Call them! They will work with you.

9. Thanks mringer thanked for this post
    Lutron Technical Support
    Do you have a car charger for your smartphone?
    If you do, could you try plugging the smartphone into the car charger and see if this allows the Arriving Home scene to activate?

Have you tried other apps that use Geofencing like Stringify?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Do you have a car charger for your smartphone?
    If you do, could you try plugging the smartphone into the car charger and see if this allows the Arriving Home scene to activate?

Have you tried other apps that use Geofencing like Stringify?
    thats the funny thing. Support told me to try Stringify and that fixed the issue, until my phone crapped out. Got a new Iphone and now none of it works again. this is o frustrating. i will need to go back through all the setting again and see if i have missed something on the new phone.