Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RA2 Select and Audio Video Remote

RA2 Select and Audio Video Remote

I have an old X10 system (Applied Digital Ocelot / Leviton) and its time to move forward. I’m planning on diving into Lutron heavily. RA2 Select and RRD-6ND for the automated lights and Maestro MACL-153M for the ones that don’t need automation. I was planning on using the RRD-8ANS for outside non-dimmable CFL’s, but I’m thinking I’ll convert those lights to LED and use the same RRD-6ND there as well. I think the Lutron repeater can handle things like turning my lights on ½ hour before sunset and off 2 hours after that. Or, turn my espresso machine on (plugged into RR-15APS-1) at 6 AM. Let me know if any of this is flawed thinking.

The area I’m not clear on is integration with my Audio Video remote control (presently Universal Remote Control MX 450). Right now, I use the remote for the normal TV and music stuff, and also have it programmed to trigger scenes. So, if I’m watching TV in the family room, I can turn those lights on to Movie, Read, or Ambient. I can also turn the Kitchen on to Cook, Ambient, or Night. Or turn the espresso machine on or landscape lights off. Can I do similar with RA2 Select? If so, how? I'm not opposed to using my smartphone as the remote control either.

Thanks so much. Don’t quite have a grasp on all this yet. Any other tips would be appreciated.

Yes, you can have timed events based on sunrise/sunset (+/- 2 hours) or a specific time. The "2 hours after that" will require a 2nd event.

I'm not an AV guy but RA2 Select is compatible with RTI and URC so there should be a way to interface with your MX-450).
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Yes, you can have timed events based on sunrise/sunset (+/- 2 hours) or a specific time. The "2 hours after that" will require a 2nd event.

I'm not an AV guy but RA2 Select is compatible with RTI and URC so there should be a way to interface with your MX-450).
    Thanks for the input. Hopefully someone will chime in about triggering scenes with an A/V remote. I don't have the system installed yet, so it might be real easy to just use the Lutron app to control lighting scenes. I know they have the little pico remotes, but I don't think that gives me enough power to do all the things i want from one location.