Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta Dimmer (LED lights malfunctioning

Caseta Dimmer (LED lights malfunctioning

I recently purchased two Caseta dimmers (Model # P-PKG1W-WH-R or similar) from Lowes. I installed them into a double elec box side-by-side. The line voltage supply comes into the #1 dimmer and then a pigtail to the second dimmer. Both dimmers work great with utilitech LED floods (exterior soffit). a few hours later i see the exterior lights operated by the dimmer #2 are off, except for a sinlge light that flashes on and off. the dimmer #2's LEDs on the device are all blinking at the same time and the device is not manually or iphone app accessible. i have to reset the electric panel breaker to get them to work again. the problem repeats itself shortly after.

can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by brian cash View Post
    I recently purchased two Caseta dimmers (Model # P-PKG1W-WH-R or similar) from Lowes. I installed them into a double elec box side-by-side. The line voltage supply comes into the #1 dimmer and then a pigtail to the second dimmer. Both dimmers work great with utilitech LED floods (exterior soffit). a few hours later i see the exterior lights operated by the dimmer #2 are off, except for a sinlge light that flashes on and off. the dimmer #2's LEDs on the device are all blinking at the same time and the device is not manually or iphone app accessible. i have to reset the electric panel breaker to get them to work again. the problem repeats itself shortly after.

can anyone help?
    Sounds like you are using the wrong dimmer for the load. Perhaps your LEDs have electronic transformers in them. See the last page of the Advanced Installation Instructions to narrow down the problem.

GB,
    i have the following dimmers: Model # P-PKG1W-WH-R with the following PAR 30 lights: Sylvania, LED8PAR20/DIM/830/FL40/GLVW (SH1653)

not sure if that's compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by brian cash View Post
    GB,
    i have the following dimmers: Model # P-PKG1W-WH-R with the following PAR 30 lights: Sylvania, LED8PAR20/DIM/830/FL40/GLVW (SH1653)

not sure if that's compatible.

The "Package" that you have (P-PKG1W-WH-R) comes with the standard dimmer (PD-6ANS). That dimmer is not meant for Electronic Low Voltage or Magnetic Low Voltage loads. Did your flashing LEDs on your switch match any of the diagnostic messages on the last page of that document that I shared?

Perhaps one of the Lutron folks can share some info on the compatibility with that lamp.

I don't see your bulb listed in the Caseta compatibility tool. http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/LE...atibility.aspx