Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 0-10V on Essentials?

0-10V on Essentials?

I'm a homeowner doing a major remodel. I've done my RA2 Essentials training but the wiring will be done by my GC's electrician (ie, I'm not qualified to do Inclusive).

This all looked straightforward until I chose a light fixture with 0-10v control, which I recall isn't directly available in Essentials. I wanted to check what kind of setup would work for an Inclusive user. Searching back in this forum, I see folks mention GRX-TVI plus a neutral dimmer. Is that still the way to go? Anything in particular I should pay attention in figuring this out?

In case it's relevant, the projector is 13W and also has DMX dimming. And there's a chance I'll need two of them. It's for a multi-story stairwell chandelier, but I was planning to do a single dimmer + programming, but I'm starting to think a remote dimmer would be a good idea.

Thanks.

I avoid 10v like the plague. It is antiquated technology. The response from other methods is better. You need 2 controls for every zone (on/off and 10v). You also have to run a low voltage wire to each fixture. That's a lot of work for virtually no return.

There is also a 10v module designed to be mounted to a junction box. It has limited capacity though.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

It's not that I want 10V, but that's what this lighting fixture uses (or DMX, or just give up on dimming). I've been after this particular lighting fixture for about 10 years, so I'm not giving up on it :) So I'm still curious if anyone knows a decent Ra2 essentials approach to this.

Confirm with tech support but the new RRD-6ND and GRX-TVI is a reasonable solution.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

5. Likes SDR-Mike liked this post