Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Thermostats setting to wrong temps

Thermostats setting to wrong temps

I’m stumped. I have two thermostats, on an HVAC with SeeTemp and the other a Honeywell. Running 12.01. The schedules are executing, but they seems to be going to the wrong temperatures. The weekday away settings are 62 degrees, but both thermos go to 60 degrees for some reason. The other day I could have sworn they went to 64 degrees. Not sure what’s going on here. Could there be some conflicting programming somewhere? A random setting? The Connect app shows the correct programming exactly as transferred from Essentials. I can’t find anywhere a 60 or 64 temp is set. Eco settings do not appear to be on.

Let's ignore the 64 I thought I saw. The next scheduled shift for both thermostats was at 2:30 PM, when they both should have gone to 70 degrees. They both set to 68 degrees. So it seems like they are 2 degrees below the schedule. On the SeeTemp, if I press ECO, the setting drops; if I turn it off, it goes back to 68.

Re-transfered and the upstairs thermo seems to have reset to the proper scheduled temperature. Not so the Touchpro thermo.

I had this problem once. After a lot of troubleshooting, I wound up replacing the thermostat. My guess is that there is a glitch in the firmware.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

There must be a conflict somewhere. Today both thermos switched to 62at 8:30 as scheduled. Some time later they both switched to 60 (I was out). I suspect some weird interaction with the Elan system.

6. Likes randyc liked this post
    It was, in fact, the Elan system. It had its own schedule running. [Forehead slap]

8. Likes randyc liked this post