Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Qsx and Lutron app

Qsx and Lutron app

The new processor works like a charm , faster transfers and updates so i am pretty happy with that part. Very unpleasant surprise that it doesn’t work with the LUTRON connect app but rather with the old casseta?!? App currently Lutron. So no schedules and no favorite scenes? It says Coming soon ! My question is how soon ? If I knew that these key features will be missing I would’ve ordered the old QS processor.

Quote Originally Posted by protex electric View Post
    The new processor works like a charm , faster transfers and updates so i am pretty happy with that part. Very unpleasant surprise that it doesn’t work with the LUTRON connect app but rather with the old casseta?!? App currently Lutron. So no schedules and no favorite scenes? It says Coming soon ! My question is how soon ? If I knew that these key features will be missing I would’ve ordered the old QS processor.
    Caseta?? I could see HomeControl+ but why Caseta?

I'm also shocked that Lutrons last couple of releases have not been their 100% rock solid releases. QSX missing RPM support, and now app support??
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

The old casseta and radio ra select app is now Lutron and the only one that works with the QSX. The app is pretty much the same as the connect app but it doesn’t do a lot of important things. The RPM issue i can understand because they want to phase those out. Also saving one whole link formerly being used for The MI’s is pretty good. You can do a lot with just one processor.

The old casseta and radio ra select app is now Lutron and the only one that works with the QSX. The app is pretty much the same as the connect app but it doesn’t do a lot of important things. The RPM issue i can understand because they want to phase those out. Also saving one whole link formerly being used for The MI’s is pretty good. You can do a lot with just one processor.

On the RPM thing, there are already many many many RPMs installed in Illuminations and QS systems- almost 20 years' worth. Those will need to be updated with QSX at some point, especially if the new API is the "future" so I don't understand how they can turn their back on those customers. This app thing is just bizarre. Unfortunately at this time I can't recommend it to customers and have to lay it out for them that in all likilihood,, they'll have to spend money twice on processors, once now with QS and maybe in 5-10 years with QSX when it's actually out of beta.

I agree with SparkyCoug. Selling a $20k AV upgrade is easy compared to selling a $20k lighting upgrade (replacing 3 panels of RPMs). With the AV upgrade owners get a sleek new 4K TV that is way too big for the room.They use it every day so they "see" value. They don't see the value in replacing lighting components that are working "just fine." It is absolutely a double standard. I don't believe it is about price. Upgrading from toggle switches to decorator style at $2 each is a tough sell.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com