Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Switch (with Neutral) not working - LED lights just flash

Switch (with Neutral) not working - LED lights just flash

Got a couple of PD6-ANS switches that I wanted to wire up to the house for security purposes (set a schedule for when we're off on vacation). Prior to getting the 2 PD6-ANS switches, I bought a PD6-WCL dimmer (no neutral) and that worked with my hallway with all LEDs (4 chandelier-type bulbs and a flood). When I wanted to move the dimmer to a different location, I got the PD6-ANS switches. No luck with getting them to work. When they're wired up in the location that previously had the dimmer, the green indicator lights up but the LEDs either don't go on (or maybe flash on and then off - can't tell since I have to go to the basement to turn on/off the breaker) or they just repeatedly turn on and off. After having read some of the forum messages, I'm beginning to think that our early 80s house has bad and/or noisy neutral wiring. Is there anything I can do short of returning these and getting the Caseta switches that don't need neutral. Oh, forgot to mention that I wired up a LUT-MLC (on the off chance that it might help) and still no go.

Are you putting both switches on the same zone? You can only have 1 control device per zone.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Are you putting both switches on the same zone? You can only have 1 control device per zone.
    Not sure what you mean by zone but if you mean on the same circuit, like both PD6-ANS switches in a three-way installation, then no. I was going to have one PD6-ANS on one end and a regular toggle switch at the other end, per page 28-30 of the Caseta Advanced Installation Guide (0301710a_Caseta Advanced Inst.pdf). I was testing a one-way to begin with, with just the Caseta in the circuit (connecting hot and load at the other end), and got flickering lights when the Caseta was hooked up.