Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-6ANS three way with dimmer switch (HELP)

PD-6ANS three way with dimmer switch (HELP)

Hey guys, I just recently purchased some wireless switches from Lurton (PD-6ANS). I thought I had a really good basic idea on how to wire switches, I got the first one on easy. The first wireless switch controls my front lights, and look to be working just fine. Next to that switch I have a dimmer which I plan to leave there. One the other end of my living room I have a simple on and off switch that is 3 way with the dimmer. I planned on replacing the simple on off switch with the PD-6ANS but I could not get it to work correctly. As far as I got was being able to turn the lights on from the Lurton switch, walking to the dimmer, dimming the lights worked fine, I could turn the lights off from the dimmer but once I walked over to the Lurton switch I had lost all power. Is this not possible? Is it much more complicated for the average joe like myself to tackle? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Calitor View Post
    Hey guys, I just recently purchased some wireless switches from Lurton (PD-6ANS). I thought I had a really good basic idea on how to wire switches, I got the first one on easy. The first wireless switch controls my front lights, and look to be working just fine. Next to that switch I have a dimmer which I plan to leave there. One the other end of my living room I have a simple on and off switch that is 3 way with the dimmer. I planned on replacing the simple on off switch with the PD-6ANS but I could not get it to work correctly. As far as I got was being able to turn the lights on from the Lurton switch, walking to the dimmer, dimming the lights worked fine, I could turn the lights off from the dimmer but once I walked over to the Lurton switch I had lost all power. Is this not possible? Is it much more complicated for the average joe like myself to tackle? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    You cannot use a 3-way dimmer with a Caseta switch. The proper method would be to buy a Caseta Pro dimmer and use a mechanical 3-way or use a Caseta dimmer and use a Pico remote.