Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wireless Occupancy sensors

Wireless Occupancy sensors

Hi,

i have 3 wireless occupancy sensors in one room.

i need all three to detect occupancy and vacancy but i also need one only of the three to trigger a cco to open an electric sliding door..

cant seem to see how to do it..

Graham

I believe HQS lumps all of the occupancy sensors in the room together. You can program lighting and/or CCOs the the lump. If you want only one to control the door, it looks like you are going to add a 4th sensor. It can physically be in the same room but in a different room in the software. For example, A1 would have the lighting sensors, A2 would have the door sensor.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the response, however adding more sensors wont be possible and i already have 77 PIR's and would then need to add an additional 32 just to trigger the doors. this would look terrible on the ceiling not to mention the additional cost of sensors and installation.

The detector has unique ID it must be possible some how. surely..

why cant the detector be programmed as a device in the device programming tab? as well as being in the occupancy tab?

surely this wouldnt be that big of a feature request would it?

i need a solouton.. i thought having 77 different rooms would work but if one of the three went into unoccupied then the room would go dark depite the other two being occupied. this is without having a massive load of conditionals to monitor room scenes and the other sensors with variables attached, so i dont think this is a way forward either.

graham

The feature request may be a bit more involved. I think what Lutron is trying to do is to avoid you having to write the logic when you have multiple sensors in a single room. They may also have this on their list to be enabled as more programmers become familiar with the software. If you are counting, that was about 4 years ago.

I think this will work but would need to test it.

I created 3 rooms (1a, 1b, 1c) to represent 1 physical room.
    I put a LRF2-OCR2P sensor in each room (Sensor 1a, 1b, 1c)
    I added a lighting zone in room 1a
    I added a CCO zone in room 1c called door (it doesn't matter what room the light/cco is in)
    I created an automatic sequence to turn the lights on then off after 15 minutes
    I programmed each sensors occupied tab to go to step 1 of the sequence (restarting the sequence every time motion is sensed)
    I programmed each sensors unoccupied tab to be unaffected (the sequence will turn the lights off)
    I programmed sensor 1c occupied tab to also pulse the CCO. You can use maintained but will need to release it on the unoccupied tab.

Every time a motion is triggered, it starts the sequence over but only sensor 1c controls the door. You also need to add a physical CCO - VCRX or QSE-IO (which I hate more than the political pundits on Facebook!).

I'm still not 100% clear on your layout so you may have to modify this and write it an addition 30-some times. Somewhat of a pain but I don't think we are talking about your average living room here.

If you are using the App, you don't have include all of the rooms. Maybe you could put the lights and door in "living room" then hide livingB and livingC from the app.

Let me know if this works!
    www.convergenceusa.com

Hi.

i think this may have legs.. but if a scene had been seleced on a room keypad then the motion sensor at the far end of the room will start the scene in the automatic sequence and change the light scene that had been set, unless i then add a variable state to each button and then retrigger an automatic sequence per Scene or trigger a scene on time of day on occupied, it also wont have the grace period.

The more i think about it the more complicated it gets.....

I like a good programming Challenge but this could become a total nightmare and require ridiculus amounts of variables and conditionals..

is there really no alternative?

Wait a minute! I have a bald spot from trying to figure this out and now you are adding more conditions? Well, I may have had the bald spot before but I am now officially blaming you for it. LOL!

So... the motion sensors have an ambient light feature which is independent of the control system. If someone manually turns the lights on, or sunlight provides enough ambient light, won't start it's timeout and won't ask the control system to turn the lights on. The opposite is also true. If the sensor turns the light on at 50% an a button is pressed to turn them to 100%, they will still time out.

I'm still a bit confused about the layout. You said you had 77 sensors. Do you really want someone triggering motion in one end of what must be an enormous room and turning lights on at the other end? If everybody is at one end of the room having yellow cake with vanilla icing, do you want the motion sensor at the other end of the room turning the lights off? I'd look at carving it up into smaller areas.
    www.convergenceusa.com

hi,

there are 3 sensors in the masterbed because the ceilings are low(ish) but the rooms are big and have multiple entrances.. yes i need all the lights to come on as a scene and go off together if any three detectors detect occupancy and vacancy..

then one of the sensors is infornt of a door and i need only that detector to trigger a CCO.

Graham