Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three gang junction box, caseta on either end with decora rocker in the middle

So I emailed Lutron support and here was the reply:

Thank you for choosing Lutron products. The removal of the fins is for fitting purposes only. You may install them with the fins if they mount in the wallbox properly.

When I first talked to tech support, they said something similar. After the tech talked to Home Systems he said something different. The only thing that is consistent is that Lutron's documentation is inconsistent.

I agree you don't have to remove the tabs if it fits. There was a theory that leaving the tabs gained some capacity. I don't believe this is true. You don't have to derate for LED, with or without tabs. You do have to derate for inc/mix. Again, the documentation is not consistent between RR2/HQS, Caseta and non-system devices. I would still remove the adjacent tabs for service reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

When I first talked to tech support, they said something similar. After the tech talked to Home Systems he said something different. The only thing that is consistent is that Lutron's documentation is inconsistent.

I agree you don't have to remove the tabs if it fits. There was a theory that leaving the tabs gained some capacity. I don't believe this is true. You don't have to derate for LED, with or without tabs. You do have to derate for inc/mix. Again, the documentation is not consistent between RR2/HQS, Caseta and non-system devices. I would still remove the adjacent tabs for service reasons.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post

- - - Updated - - -

if I was going to be constantly removing them I could see that, but given they are in and done I can't see the servicing angle. I will have to see how it fits but if I have clearance I will just leave them, thanks all for the input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12