Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RR2 7.0 Compatibility issue with 6NA?

RR2 7.0 Compatibility issue with 6NA?

One of my techs installed 7.0 and made a minor programming change. After upload some of the 6NAs started flaking out. I replaced one and the new dimmer acted the same. I rolled the software back to 6.3 and the original 6NA works fine. The 6NA is controlling Sylvania LEDs.

BTW, tech support is working on it. No resolution yet.

I have many 6NAs on v7 - and I haven't noticed anything strange.

I also upgraded to 7.0 this weekend, have all 6NA's (w/ HALO LED RL460) & no issues.

Though even on 6.3 I had one do what you're describing, left the airgap(FASS) out for a day and went back the next day to troubleshoot, pushed in the airgap and was working fine again???

Are you back-stabbing or using the screw terminal? (just curious, had this be a problem with a client over-stripping/stabbing)

Angry same problem

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    One of my techs installed 7.0 and made a minor programming change. After upload some of the 6NAs started flaking out. I replaced one and the new dimmer acted the same. I rolled the software back to 6.3 and the original 6NA works fine. The 6NA is controlling Sylvania LEDs.
    I just did the 7.0 upgrade and am having the IDENTICAL problem with a bunch of 6NA's "flaking out". this installation was stable for 2 years and now all hell has broken loose with circuit breakers popping when I invoke lighting scenes or turn certain dimmers that control ELV ligths on. Help!

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    tedrosenberger, what types of loads are the 6NA dimmers controlling?
    Does this happen with scenes that only have a few dimmers assigned or does it only seem to occur when there are a large number of dimmers on the scene that is turning on?
    Are the same circuit breakers always tripping?

ELV halogen in-ceiling lights.

FYI, I downgraded back to 6.2 over the weekend and all problems went away. So it definitely seems to be the 7.0 conversion somehow telling the ELV dimmers to use a different kind of dimming. I was getting severe buzzing in my panel. Lighting scenes with many loads would pop multiple breakers. However, I could get a breaker to pop just by turning an individual load on using the dimmer for that load.

I've submitted both the 6.2 pre-conversion support file and the problematic after 7.0 support file to Lutron. Let me know what you find.

Ted

I typically use the stab-in terminals. I've never had an issue with the stab-in terminals since they came out (in the 80s?).

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    An issue was found that when converting a project file to version 7.0 the 6NA dimmers are being forced to forward phase control. You can go into the advanced settings of the one of the 6NA dimmers and change the phase control to "auto-detect" and click the option for "apply to all". This will change all the 6NA dimmers back to being in auto detect. You will then need to re-transfer the project file to the system. We are working on a new release of the software to correct this issue.

GOOD NEWS. I converted my latest 6.2 project to 7.0, changed all the 6NA dimmers to "Auto-Detect" and everything seems to be working normally under 7.0! Small note: there is no "Apply All" next to the Phase Control dropdown so I had to do this for each dimmer.

11. Thanks digit1, darkbluekeys thanked for this post