Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keypads waterfall effect

Keypads waterfall effect

I have an Homeworks Illumination installation with KP5 keypads but every so often one or two of the keypads go into the scrolling waterfall effect and are non responsive. All other keypads continue to work normally and the faulty keypads can be fixed by simply removing the plug at the back and reconnecting.

It is not always the same keypads, I have checked wiring and it is not over the LED power limit.

Anyone else had this problem or any suggestions as to how to fix it

Thanks

Paul

The scrolling means they have lost communication with the processor. While this could be a fault in the wiring, My guess would be the power supply. You said you are not over the limit but power supplies weaken with age. You may get proper voltage but that doesn't mean the PS is not weak. I would add/replace an external power supply. It won't hurt and they are relatively inexpensive.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    The scrolling means they have lost communication with the processor. While this could be a fault in the wiring, My guess would be the power supply. You said you are not over the limit but power supplies weaken with age. You may get proper voltage but that doesn't mean the PS is not weak. I would add/replace an external power supply. It won't hurt and they are relatively inexpensive.
    Thanks I will give this a try

Quote Originally Posted by Paul O View Post
    Thanks I will give this a try
    Did this solve your issue? i'm having the same problem.

I'm having this issue but only with the RF Keypads on the project they loose communication and wont execute the commands, although i can still see the button press on terminal if im monitoring button presses. any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by benjamins7 View Post
    I'm having this issue but only with the RF Keypads on the project they loose communication and wont execute the commands, although i can still see the button press on terminal if im monitoring button presses. any ideas?
    Hello benjamins7
    Try to factory reset the keypad and acquire it back into the system. Make sure that the repeater chain is working and the keypads in question are within range. If the issue remains then send a support file to hwsupport@lutron.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul O View Post
    I have an Homeworks Illumination installation with KP5 keypads but every so often one or two of the keypads go into the scrolling waterfall effect and are non responsive. All other keypads continue to work normally and the faulty keypads can be fixed by simply removing the plug at the back and reconnecting. PrepaidGiftBalance

It is not always the same keypads, I have checked wiring and it is not over the LED power limit.

Anyone else had this problem or any suggestions as to how to fix it

Thanks

Paul
    I have the exact same problem. Have tried a variety of things

8. Thanks maymar@btinternet.com thanked for this post
    Keypad LEDs scrolling up/down means the keypad can not communicate with the processor. There are a couple of reasons why this may occur.

LV Keypads: wires can get damaged. The power supply may be weak or failing. It may have enough power to light up the keypad but not enough to communicate. Unplug a few keypads and see if the keypad starts working.

120v keypads: RF communication is funky. Try adding/moving repeaters to improve signal. When you think you have enough repeaters, add 1 more.

If the keypad is not addressed in the system, it won't know the processor exists.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Keypad LEDs scrolling up/down means the keypad can not communicate with the processor. There are a couple of reasons why this may occur. LV Keypads: wires can get damaged. The power supply may be weak or failing. It may have enough power to light up the keypad but not enough to communicate. Unplug a few keypads and see if the keypad starts working. PrepaidGiftBalance120v keypads: RF communication is funky. Try adding/moving repeaters to improve signal. When you think you have enough repeaters, add 1 more. If the keypad is not addressed in the system, it won't know the processor exists.
    Waterfall keys are the type of keys found on organs - they don't have that slightly overhanging lip at the front that you get on piano keys, but are instead rounded off. Makes it easier to do organ techniques likes palm smearing without bruising your hands.Edit. In the time it took me to type that two others got in first. What they said.

Keypads waterfall effect after power outage

I have this same issue with the waterfall effect after a power outage. It has happened before but always reset with a reboot of the system, (by turning the power off and back on) but this time it has not reset. It has been this way for a week and I am struggling to figure out what could be wrong. Finally came across this forum and thread and thought I would ask the experts. Any thoughts on what could be wrong that this will not reset? The switches in question get their power directly from the main control unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast