Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keypads waterfall effect

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjsipos View Post
    I have this same issue with the waterfall effect after a power outage. It has happened before but always reset with a reboot of the system, (by turning the power off and back on) but this time it has not reset. It has been this way for a week and I am struggling to figure out what could be wrong. Finally came across this forum and thread and thought I would ask the experts. Any thoughts on what could be wrong that this will not reset? The switches in question get their power directly from the main control unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    In the past, this has been restored by the system's devices powering up before the processor. We would advise using a UPS on the processor's power supply, ensuring that it stays powered through the outage and the devices do not fail to connect to the processor while it is still rebooting. We hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonjsipos View Post
    I have this same issue with the waterfall effect after a power outage. It has happened before but always reset with a reboot of the system, (by turning the power off and back on) but this time it has not reset. It has been this way for a week and I am struggling to figure out what could be wrong. Finally came across this forum and thread and thought I would ask the experts. Any thoughts on what could be wrong that this will not reset? The switches in question get their power directly from the main control unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you have any luck sorting this out. I have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by maymar@btinternet.com View Post
    Did you have any luck sorting this out. I have the same problem
    It's the power supply. See post #2.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I have a Homeworks 4 Series (Illumination version likely) -- Please see photo. The Keypads is also showing Waterfall effect. The processor has no lights for status or anything flashing when powered. I checked the 12v AC power supply to the processor and it has 13.6v without load. Based on this post, it could still mean an issue with the PS, right? If so, where can I get the power supply replacement? I notice there's another DC power input, is it OK to get a 15v DC power supply power that instead? If not, what I may get to replace the current AC power supply?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Homeworks 4 Series processor-with notes.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	930
    The system was installed aournd 2009. Could the battery on the processor dead as I saw in some other post? Would the dead battery cause the processor showing no status? What should be next my steps to troubleshoot the system? Your help would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael789 View Post
    I have a Homeworks 4 Series (Illumination version likely) -- Please see photo. The Keypads is also showing Waterfall effect. The processor has no lights for status or anything flashing when powered. I checked the 12v AC power supply to the processor and it has 13.6v without load. Based on this post, it could still mean an issue with the PS, right? If so, where can I get the power supply replacement? I notice there's another DC power input, is it OK to get a 15v DC power supply power that instead? If not, what I may get to replace the current AC power supply?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Homeworks 4 Series processor-with notes.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	930
    The system was installed aournd 2009. Could the battery on the processor dead as I saw in some other post? Would the dead battery cause the processor showing no status? What should be next my steps to troubleshoot the system? Your help would be much appreciated!
    Michael, It is possible that the 12VAC transformer in the LV24 housing is bad, but rare. I have seen internal components in the 5VDC power supply section be more frequently the problem. Years of heat from the components can age the capacitors and cause a protective device to open up. This requires a component replacement on the board. The 15VDC power supply (T120-15DC-9-BL) is only for keypads on Link-6 and a repeater on Link-8 Maximum of 10 keypads only. Year of heat will cause the filters inside of the 15VDC supply to leak and put noise on keypad power causing the waterfall. If you have more than 10 keypads on your system and some are still working, it is a good bet that the 15VDC supply is the issue. Finally, if the system was installed in 2009, make sure you keep a backup of your program handy. A zip drive in the processor panel is a good place so it can be easily found.

I had the same issue and found that the power supply was faulty and outputting 20 vdc, which is an indication that a switching transistor is bad. I ordered a replacement Chinese universal power supply from Amazon and the problem completely went away. This will buy me time until I retrofit the system to the Acuity/Distech Controls lighting control system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12