Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HWQS dimmer 'reassignment' bug, RA2 vs QS wallbox device modification

HWQS dimmer 'reassignment' bug, RA2 vs QS wallbox device modification

Ra2 is much simpler to change wallbox devices compared to QS. When at the edit field of Ra2, I can reselect a dimmer as a hybrid keypad or switch and not have to change programming or link assignment of the associated loads and devices. In QS changing a load from dimmed to switched is a bunch of steps, from what I've learned so far I need to drop in a new switch with no load, unassign the load from the dimmer, assign it to the switch, delete the dimmer, then drop the new switch onto the correct link. Can QS become as simple to change as the Ra2 software in a future rev?
    During some redesign of a system today I swapped loads and locations so that a hybrid dimmer in room A moved to room B, and dimmer in room B went to room A. I then went about unassigning loads and reassigning to correct control stations (so that new dimmer in B has zone B). When looking at button programming the dimmer advanced programming had Both A and B zones. The hybrid keypad still had hold programming for zone A. Being able to switch dimmers to hybrid keypads and vice versa as simply as in Ra2 would likely solve this sort of bug.
    Last edited by digit1; 02-13-2014 at 01:50 PM. Reason: hybrid keypad note

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for the feedback provided. We would recommend right clicking on the controls and zones and using the "cut/paste" options to move them from a location to another. For example, we mocked up the application you described and we then cut and paste the devices from their original area to the other area, then we cut and paste the zones from their original location to the new location. The zones still were assigned to the correct device and no device controlled both zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    Thank you for the feedback provided. We would recommend right clicking on the controls and zones and using the "cut/paste" options to move them from a location to another. For example, we mocked up the application you described and we then cut and paste the devices from their original area to the other area, then we cut and paste the zones from their original location to the new location. The zones still were assigned to the correct device and no device controlled both zones.
    Thanks Armando- I just tried recreating what I saw in the first program, and it repeated. I tried attaching the program to this post.
    The steps were-
    Create devices and loads automatically
    unassign loads at the device level with the delete button
    right-click to cut and paste devices to new rooms
    click assign to give relocated controls the correct zone
    when checking programming, the dimmer was programmed to control both loads, and the hybrid button #1 was programmed to control only the load it was created with, not reassigned.
    All of this cutting and pasting and reassigning was done on the design/controls tab. When I'm working with wallbox devices, I tend to do all of my work on this screen, and only use design/loads to further define the loads.
    Did you mock up the application in the same way I did, or in a different fashion?
    Thanks again-
    Attached Files Attached Files

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for the clarification in the steps and the sample file. We were able to mock up and reproduce what you have described. Thank you for this feedback; we will forward this information to our development team.

5. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post