Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 button scene pico for whole house scene

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    SparkyCoog is correct.

The Pico Scene Keypads in http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...691066_ENG.pdf can have different loads on each button.
    Each button is a single-action button. You can't toggle loads with the buttons.
    You would need a seperate button for turning the load(s) off.
    Agree these scene pad are the most flexible. The 'off' button (always labelled that way) is actually just another scene button with default off functionality. You can also program it as a regular scene, this allows 2 such scene controllers to have 7 scenes and an off between them for example, or for 'off' actually to leave some fixtures on at a minimum level as night lights, or to turn off all lights in the rest of the house while turning on lights in the bedroom. Each of the 4 buttons can be set to control a different set of loads.

Its not clear to me if you can just buy these blank without custom labels...?

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan In Az View Post
    Its not clear to me if you can just buy these blank without custom labels...?

Alan
    Yes, there is a "blank" 4 button you can buy- PJ2-4B-GWH-L31. $40 list.

For custom engraving, list $100, you can order the PJ2-4B-GWH-EL31, but you need to send the engraving request at time of order. Usually about 2-3 weeks before it arrives.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I have a PJ2-4B-GWH-L31 and it is not entirely blank and it has the limitation that the top 3 buttons must control the same loads, and the bottom button is always off for those loads.

The pre-labelled units PJ2-4BGWH-P01 (or P02 or P03) do not have these limitations so all 4 buttons buttons can control different loads and can each set a scene.

So if the blank - EL31 behaves the same as
    L31 then it's really not very interesting to me... Anyone know for sure on a custom engraved Pico 4- button?

Alan

I have just received a 4 Button Custom Engraved Pico, in Midnight, that behaves just like the P01, P02 and P03. ALL 4 Buttons are Programmable to Scenes / Devices.
    Part Number is PJ2-4B-XXX-EL2. you need to send in the Custom Engraving Sheet along with it. I was quoted 3 - 4 weeks, mine took about 6 weeks before I got it.
    I ended up with a Custom Engraved Pico HOME / NIGHT / RELAX / AWAY

I was looking for the 2 Button for my Entry. But I was having communication issues with Tech Support about the abilities of the various models of the 2 Button Pico. I needed to be able to have some devices Turn ON when arriving HOME, and Turn ALL Devices OFF, when leaving, AWAY.

Yes. The 4 Button Scene Picos will accomplish this. There's a choice of 3 labeled Picos available. PJ2-4B-XXX-P01 Family, PJ2-4B-XXX-P02 Kitchen, PJ2-4B-XXX-P03 Any Room. All 4 Buttons are Fully Programable.

There is also a Custom Engraved 4 Button Scene Pico,
    PJ2-4B-XXX-EL2.
    That could be Engraved

Welcome
    Party
    (Additional Scene)
    Away

I have actually been using the 4 button pre-engraved ones and love them but noticed that even though they say they are compatible with Radio Ra2 and Homeworks QS, they are not available in the design software which is sad since I want to use them for that too in some applications but they have the blank ones on there.

In our house we have many Maestro Wireless (MRF2) dimmers, and several associated Picos. Some are the standard 3BRL versions for remote dimming, but we also use three of the 4-button pico for scenes (PJ2-4B-GWH-L31). The scene ones are great - we've paired each with ~7 MRF2 dimmers, and then manually adjust them to the desired scene, and hold down one of the configurable scene buttons. We've been thrilled.

Last month we augmented our system with a handful of Caseta dimmers, a bridge, and some scheduling via the Android app.

Recently my goal was to "extend the scene control" from the existing 4 button picos to simultaneously set MRF2 scene as well as the Caseta scenes. This appeared to be possible given that the picos are dumb and simply send out a signal to all devices listening. The theory was that the Caseta bridge would simultaneously listen and therefore effect change on the Casetas.

Having read the Lutron doc #369847, and spoken to Lutron support, it appears that these -L31 pico controls would work the way I intended.

Alas, I haven't been able to figure out how to control the system in the desired way -- but it appears to be a software limitation in the Caseta app. The app allows me to associate the -L31 Pico with several devices in the home, but the pico buttons are interpreted as 100%/66/33/0 dimming, and not customizable as "scenes".

Am I doing something wrong here?

I think you just want to set the level for each of the buttons and NOT a scene. So, it's not going to be in the scene section. Scenes would be for the -P01, -P02, and -P02 remotes.

After pairing the -L31 pico with the new dimmers, and setting all the paired dimmers to a desired level, have you tried holding the button long enough for it to save the preset level? I'm assuming that's the same way you programmed it for the original switches.

No, I went through the process of adding the 4 button scene pico to the wireless bridge, since the caseta switches cannot simultaneously listen to a bridge and picos directly. Alas I can't figure out how to customize the settings associated with the pico scene buttons - they appear to be hardwired to 100/66/33/0 dimming, as far as I can discover.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    No, I went through the process of adding the 4 button scene pico to the wireless bridge, since the caseta switches cannot simultaneously listen to a bridge and picos directly. Alas I can't figure out how to customize the settings associated with the pico scene buttons - they appear to be hardwired to 100/66/33/0 dimming, as far as I can discover.
    I just go into the Lutron app and edit the Pico. For each button on the Pico I can select which lights participate in the scene, whether they are on or off, and, if on, their dim level.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast