Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 button scene pico for whole house scene

4 button scene pico for whole house scene

Is it possible to program a 4 button scene pico to act as a welcome, party, and away?

The Away and party seems easier since it'll just turn off all the lights in the house or turn all of them on at preset levels but with Welcome, the customer wouldn't want ALL the lights to come on. Is it possible to have some lights NOT come on with a scene and/or leave them unaffected?

For instance if there are 4 lights total in the house, press the top pico button and only have 3 of them come on, but when you hit off, all 4 would go off? I know a workaround would be to turn the lights you don't want to come on to be at a very low setting but I want to avoid this. And yes, this customer really needs Radio Ra2 and real keypads but I don't think it's in his budget.

You should be able to do this, you'll have to set the light you don't want to operate to some level (0%?) however. I might suggest the upsell to RA2 Select as to not get stuck replacing devices when he does jump in the deep end. Same functionality without the obsolescence, and you get fan speed control.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I really hope he goes with Radio Ra2 instead, not because it's more money for me, because my end comes out to be about the same, but for his sake. There are so many 3-way switches in that house and Picos, while handy are eventually going to need a battery and it's going to be messy. I much prefer the accessory dimmers. I'm going to give him both prices and let him decide but the way he balked when I told him how much a dimmer was, I think he's a Caseta man lol.

@SparkyCoog-
    Just announced- RA2 Select to get sensors. Might help sway him. Along with fan control. I would run a price for a more expanded system and show him what Caseta would cost as a tear out if he went past the 50. Yes, the RA2 stuff is more, but when you add the RDRD into the mix it might be more cost effective. Hit me with an email, I have another money saving trick you could try to swing his vote.
    read the online version

Well, the way the pricing works out in this case with only 4 keypads, the Radio Ra2 parts cost 2.5 times more than Caseta and that's kind of cheating because he already has a caseta bridge. The installation labor and most of the programming will be the same- I actually prefer the ra2 programming since I can do everything on my laptop and not walk around with the customer's phone like a moron while he gets text messages and phone calls.

Ra2 select is out of the question because he made it clear that if he spends the money, he wants keypads.

We'll run it by him and see. The 4 button Picos just seem confusing to me...there are so many of them and some are for QS only while others work with with Caseta and some have preset engravings on them and no master list to explain it all...I don't think. If there is a master list, please someone give me the link! http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/369847.pdf isn't very easy to read

I think I figured it out finally! There are two types of 4 button picos that work with Caseta, the blank scene picos that have 3 scenes plus 1 off BUT they only work with the same set of lights. These have the end code of L31p and won't help me.

Then there are the ones that are pre engraved with the codes P01,PO2, P03 . The PJ2-4B-GWH-PO1 for instance has 4 buttons: Bright, Entertain, Movie, and Off and in that case, Bright can be 3 light switches, Entertain can be 10 switches, and off could be whatever I want turned off. That actually could be a substitute for a keypad...not a great one but workable for the price sensitive person.

7. Thanks SDR-Mike, acheslow thanked for this post
    Likes SDR-Mike, acheslow, Alan In Az liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    I think I figured it out finally! There are two types of 4 button picos that work with Caseta, the blank scene picos that have 3 scenes plus 1 off BUT they only work with the same set of lights. These have the end code of L31p and won't help me.

Then there are the ones that are pre engraved with the codes P01,PO2, P03 . The PJ2-4B-GWH-PO1 for instance has 4 buttons: Bright, Entertain, Movie, and Off and in that case, Bright can be 3 light switches, Entertain can be 10 switches, and off could be whatever I want turned off. That actually could be a substitute for a keypad...not a great one but workable for the price sensitive person.
    That is the first time I have ever read it being possible to have more or less lights per button on one pico. If you get it working please let us know 100% if it works.

I have the blank scene unit and as you mention it is an all lights for all buttons setup.

Lutron Technical Support
    SparkyCoog is correct.

The Pico Scene Keypads in http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...691066_ENG.pdf can have different loads on each button.
    Each button is a single-action button. You can't toggle loads with the buttons.
    You would need a seperate button for turning the load(s) off.

Is there a scene keypad that supports different Caseta loads on each button and doesn't have the preset labels which models P01,P02, and P03 have? I'd like to use this in places where none of the "Entertain", "Cooking", "Movie", etc labels make sense.

11. Thanks JohnNied thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by acheslow View Post
    Is there a scene keypad that supports different Caseta loads on each button and doesn't have the preset labels which models P01,P02, and P03 have? I'd like to use this in places where none of the "Entertain", "Cooking", "Movie", etc labels make sense.
    There is a custom engraved Pico option (or there was)- PJ2-4B-GWH-EL01. You'll need to determine the engraving prior to ordering and send in with the order. List is $99

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast